Chapter 22

As Bella was making dinner for herself and Charlie she thought about all she had learned that afternoon. That Rosalie had trusted her enough to tell her about her human life touched Bella deeply. Every minute they spent together brought them closer together and gave Bella hope that Rosalie felt the same intensity as Bella did for her imprint.

The one thing that stuck out in her mind was that Rosalie had a penis. Bella never would have guessed that of all the things she would learn about Rosalie that would be one of them. Bella hadn't lied to Rosalie when she said it didn't matter to her, but now when she had time to think about it she wondered if it actually did.

She wasn't repulsed by the idea of having sex with Rosalie at all. Bella never thought that much about her sexuality because she never felt any attraction towards anyone male or female. Rosalie was the first person she noticed and Bella figured it had to do with Rosalie being her imprint. So Bella concluded that Rosalie having a penis really didn't bother her at all.

"Hey Bells it's smells great in here." Charlie said as he made his way to the kitchen. " You didn't have to make dinner I could've have done it for you."

"That's ok dad. I really like cooking so making dinner is something fun for me to do." Bella reassured him.

"Well I'll just go wash up and put my stuff away and we can eat at the table together. Give me a minute and I'll set the table."With that Charlie headed up the stairs.

Bella was just setting the last of the side dishes on the table when Charlie joined her. Bella knew she had to ask Charlie about the date on Friday. She wasn't sure how he would react to her not only dating but dating a girl. Bella didn't think Charlie would kick her out of the house or anything but she didn't want him to be uncomfortable around her.

As they sat down and started eating they made small talk about their days and when the topic of what Bella had planned for the weekend Bella decided to bring up Rosalie."Actually I wanted to ask you if it would be alright if I went out with Rosalie on Friday?"

Charlie was somewhat confused as to why Bella looked so nervous."Of course you can go hang out with your friend. Why wouldn't that be ok?"

"Well that's the thing. We aren't going to hang out as friends. It's a date. Rosalie asked me to go on a date with her on Friday."Bella told him.

Charlie was taken aback for a moment. Having a teenage daughter was nerve wracking enough without adding dating but now not only was she dating but dating a girl. He knew he had to handle this with sensitivity or he would hurt Bella emotionally."And what was your answer when she asked you?"

"I said I would like to but I needed to ask you first." Bella said without making eye contact.

Charlie took a deep breath. "While I'm not excited that you are dating, mostly because as your father I don't ever want you to grow up, as long as you actually want to go on this date and aren't being pressured into it then that would be fine, but you will be home by 11pm, no later and I will need to meet her before you leave."

Bella smiled brightly. "You mean it? You aren't upset that I'm going on a date with a girl?"

"Bella I love you. If you like a girl then that's fine. I'm your father there is nothing you could ever do to make me love you any less." Charlie promised.

Bella jumped out of her chair and hurried over to Charlie to give him a hug. She was a little over enthusiastic and let go when Charlie made a grunt noise when she hugged him a little to tight."Thanks dad and I love you to."

"So you really like this girl Rosalie then?"Charlie asked.

"Yeah, she's great. She's really kind and beyond sweet and always opens doors for me like we are in some old black and white movie." Bella gushed.

"Well just because Rosalie is a girl doesn't mean she shouldn't treat you like the a princess. I expect her to be the perfect gentleman, or would it be gentlewoman?"Charlie wondered if there was a proper thing to call a woman who treated her daughter well.

Bella chuckled "I get the meaning either way and you don't have to worry she is the perfect gentleman."

"Good I'm glad. What else have you been up to? I know you've only been here a couple days but have you had a chance to think about how you want to decorate your room so you can settle in better?" Charlie was eager for Bella to get her room set up so she was more comfortable. He still worried she would find that she didn't like living with him and want to go back to live with her mother.

"Yeah I've thought about it and was thinking of going to the hardware store to get some paint samples and see what they have to work with." Bella told him.

"I know you said you could pay for it yourself but I would feel better if you let me pay for some of it." Charlie insisted.

Bella knew it was better not to argue with Charlie when it came to money. Yes she had more than she ever needed but Charlie felt like he let her down by not supporting her throughout her life. Even though it wasn't his fault it was because of that Bella let him pay for whatever he wanted as to make him feel better."That's fine. I'll let you know what I'm going to get first."

"Good. Is there anything else you can think of that you wanted or needed?" Charlie inquired.

"Actually yes there is. I don't know how you feel about cats but I was wondering if we could adopt one?" Bella asked tentatively.

"A cat? Did you use to have a pet?" Charlie never really thought about having pets so this was kind of out his expertise.

"I never got to have a pet but I always wanted one. Grandma Ellen said I could get one when I was old enough to take care of it myself but by the time I was they were gone and Rene hated animals." Bella explained.

"Well I don't know anything about cats but I don't suppose getting one could hurt if you promised to take care of it and clean up after it." Charlie agreed, happy that he could give Bella something she had always wanted.

"Thanks dad!" Bella said excitedly. She couldn't wait to tell Rosalie. Why hadn't they exchanged phone numbers ? She could have called her or even texted her the news. She would fix that tomorrow.

After that Charlie and Bella talked about what type of cat Bella wanted to get and just enjoyed having a family dinner together. Charlie offered to do the dishes while Bella went to her room to finish her homework and get ready for bed.