Chapter 62

"Why did my dad send me a text saying that I will be staying at your house for the next few days?" Bella asked Rosalie as they walked to the cafeteria together. When her class had ended Bella had found Rosalie waiting outside the door for her.

"It was my idea. I noticed how uncomfortable Charlie was with having to leave you alone at night and thought it was a perfect opportunity to have you stay with us. I had Esme call him to ask. That's ok right? You aren't mad that I did that without asking?" Rosalie asked now realizing she may have overstepped by not asking what Bella wanted first.

"No it's a good idea. It will be a way for all of us to be close. We need to stick together until we know what we are dealing with." Bella reassured her.

"That was my thought exactly. Emmett stayed at home so that he could be with Carlisle and Esme. We are hoping that the hospital is to public of a place for anyone to attack Carlisle there as it is impossible for us to be with him while he is working."Jasper said as Rosalie and Bella took seats at their regular lunch table.

Rosalie handed Bella the bag she had been carrying." I made you lunch so you don't have to eat the cafeteria food I know you hate."

"I helped to." Alice said almost bouncing out of her seat in excitement watching Bella pull the food out of the insulated bag." We made meat lasagna and chocolate cake for dessert."

"Wow this is great thank you." Bella told them giving Rosalie a kiss on the cheek before digging in to the delicious smelling food.

"What do you think?" Alice asked.

Bella swallowed a mouthful before answering."It's perfect. Just the right amount of cheese blended with meat. I need to get the recipe from you guys."

Rosalie smiled at Bella." Or you could ask me anytime and I could make it for you now that I know how."

"I will." Bella promised." What have you decided to do about the disappearances?"

Jasper spoke first."We all agree that it's a newborn army. The fact that Alice has had no visions and seems to be unable to leads us to believe that they are after our family or you. Either way you are involved in whatever end game they are planning."

"Great." Bella mumbled earning a sad smile from Rosalie.

Jasper continued "The only thing we can do right now is try to figure out exactly where they are staying. Carlisle is checking to see if he can find anywhere in the area where there is a high amount of violent deaths occurring. Until we have somewhere to search we've decided that we should start training for the conflict."

"I think training is a good idea." Bella said finishing off the lasagna and moving on to the chocolate cake.

"I didn't like the idea at first but now I think it's important. I need to fight against you." Rosalie held up a hand to stop Bella's objections." You're the only one strong enough to fight me now. I would hurt anyone else. I don't want to hurt you either but I need to know my limits so I can be at my best to help out."

After thinking it over Bella agreed." I know you're right. I feel the need to be the one who protects you but I also know you are not and will never be a damsel in distress so I will help you in anyway I can. Even if that means going against my instincts and fighting you."

"Thank you love." Rosalie said giving Bella a kiss grimacing at the taste of chocolate on Bella's lips.

"We are still going hunting though right? I know we have a bunch of stuff going on but we are really excited to go hunting with you" Alice asked.

"Rosalie needs to hunt regardless and I know the mountain lion probably needs meat so I don't see a reason why we shouldn't go hunting." Bella said causing Alice to reach across the table and pull her into a hug.

Rosalie sighed and reached her arm over Bella to pulled her sister off her mate. She wished they weren't in public so she could launch her through a few trees. Instead she pretended to struggle with Alice's weight and ended up just shoving Alice towards Jasper.

"Rude." Alice said fixing her clothes as she settled back in her chair.

"Mine." Rosalie told Alice scowling at her as she put an arm around Bella. The scowl turned into a smirk when Bella hummed her agreement and gave Rosalie a kiss on the cheek before returning to her cake.

The bell ringing stopped any further argument. Rosalie packed away all the food containers and took the bag from Bella. With a promise to see her at her car they both went to their classes.