Chapter 27

"You..."

Bella's breath caught at the single word Rosalie uttered. Rosalie cared for her. Cared enough that she found happiness in an existence Rosalie hadn't been happy with for over 80 years. That one word,only three letter lit Bella's blood on fire.

When Bella pulled her hand away from hers Rosalie thought she blew her chance with Bella. She had been to open,to forward. She should have made something up but she couldn't lie to her mate especially when it was her mate that turned her life from something she was just going through the motions into something that she wanted to finally start living. With Bella by her side she looked forward to every second she was forced to stay awake in her state of being. Her mate made her non beating heart want to flutter and she wanted to continue feeling that feeling until the end of her existence. That wouldn't happen if she was to forward and scared Bella away and that is what she just did.

Rosalie was just about to apologize when she felt two warm hands caress her cheeks and tilt her head making Rosalie's gaze land on Bella's. Bella was looking at her with such reverence and could that be love. Did Bella love her? She knew she loved Bella with all that she was but she never truly thought Bella could love her back so soon.

Just as she opened her mouth to speak Rosalie was stopped by Bella leaning forward and kissing her softly. Their first kiss had been amazing but this kiss was different. Their first kiss had been one of acceptance but this one was one that was slowly turning into passion as Rosalie felt Bella's tongue lightly brush against her lip seeking entrance to which she gladly allowed.

Bella didn't know where her confidence was coming from. She had only had experience with one other kiss and that was her first one with Rosalie but now she was just letting her instincts take over. She felt almost lightheaded when Rosalie's tongue mingled with hers. When Rosalie fisted her hair and pulled her closer she let out a soft moan that she didn't have time to be embarrassed by as she brought her hands to Rosalie's hips pulling her body closer.

They were sitting in an uncomfortable position on the window seat so Rosalie picked Bella up and laid her on her bed. The lay on their sides and continued to kiss only breaking a part every so often when Bella needed to breath. As things got more intense both girls got braver with their hands.

Rosalie had one hand in Bella's hair puller her closer while the other was fumbling at the bottom of Bella's shirt trying to feel Bella's warm skin. As she trailed her fingers up and down Bella's bare back Bella shivered causing her to pull away quickly.

"I'm sorry I know I'm cold. It's probably really uncomfortable." Rosalie said realizing that perhaps having any type of physical intimacy with Bella might be uncomfortable.

Bella grabbed Rosalie's hand and put it back on her bare skin. "I don't mind that your skin is cold. I shivered because it felt good. Your natural coldness feels soothing on my overheated skin. I like it."

Rosalie let out a sigh of relief and kissed Bella on the forehead,then on each cheek followed by the nose making Bella giggle.

"That's good because I like the feel of your skin too." Rosalie said as she traced random patterns on Bella's back. "When you touch me I feel warm. I haven't felt warm since I was human. It was something I didn't even know I missed but when you touch me I feel the warmth seep into my skin and I can almost feel it my bones. It's incredible when you touch me. You." Rosalie stopped to clear her throat of the emotions that were threatening to come forth. "You make me feel human again. Not just your warmth but being with you makes me want to experience life again. I don't think I've ever felt that since I was turned and when I was human it was dream I never thought I could achieve but when I'm with you I want to dream. I want to dream with you."