Chapter 34

Bella sat in the passenger side of the car holding Rosalie's hand while she drove them back to Bella's house thinking over their date so far. The ride to the restaurant and the restaurant itself was enjoyable and the make out session in the park was more than enjoyable. Heck she even liked beating up those stupid guys who tried to mess with them, but her favorite part so far was finding out Rosalie loved her.

Bella let herself sink into the feeling of having her imprint's love. She knew they wouldn't have the full feelings of the bond until they became physical and it seemed like they were getting closer to that point every time they spent time alone. That meant one thing. Bella was going to have to tell Rosalie that she was her imprint. Tomorrow she thought. Tomorrow she would confess to Rosalie that she was her imprint and explain to her exactly what that meant. That way Rosalie would have a choice in whether or not she wanted to accept the bond. Bella didn't want Rosalie to find out after the fact because Rosalie already had so many of her choices taken away from her and Bella had promised herself that she would always ask and respect Rosalie's choices even if that meant she would reject the imprint bond. Bella would learn to live with the heartbreak. She tried to remind herself that fate wasn't so cruel to have put them together just to tear them apart so quickly.

"What are you thinking so hard about over there?" Rosalie asked her.

"Do you believe in fate?" Bella blurted out without thinking.

Rosalie paused for a second to really considering the question."Do I believe that the life we live is predetermined and we have no free will?No I don't. Now do I believe that at certain times we run across defining moments that could change the course of our lives completely. Yes, I do. I believe fate doesn't tell us what do, it offers us a choice of what to do."

"How you ever regretted a choice you made to a chance fate offered you?" Bella asked.

"I wouldn't know. Do I have regrets about the choices I made throughout my life? A week ago I would have told you yes I had many regrets. I regretted going to the hatter the day I died. I regretted not doing more to stand up for myself in my human life. I regretted a lot things."Rosalie told her.

"What changed a week ago?" Bella asked.

"I met a white tiger in the forest and she ripped Emmett's leg off. That's what changed. Bella the moment I laid eyes on you I couldn't muster up even an ounce of regret for anything that had ever happened to me because this fate you asked about led me to you. It makes all the horrible things that happen seem so small and petty." Rosalie admitted.

Rosalie gave Bella a hurt look when Bella started to laugh."Sorry, I'm not laughing at you. I'm laughing at us. Here we are once again sharing deep confessions in a car while you're driving. It makes it impossible to kiss you. You say the sweetest things and show so much of your heart and all I can do is squeeze your hand. It's frustrating that's all.

Rosalie chuckled at that. "You're right. Maybe we should keep any deep confessions for when we are in a stationary setting."

"Yeah, that's a great idea." Bella agreed.

"How did you like the movie?" Rosalie asked.

"It was so good. I'm glad you picked it.What made you choose it?"Bella hadn't ever heard of the movie until they reached the theater.

"Roman Holiday is one of my all time favorites. I really can relate with Ann in the sense that I always thought it would be nice to have been able to go someplace no one knew me and get away from my life just like she did. I know the ending is sad but it's so poignant. Joe and Irving help her have one of the greatest days of her life and in the end all she has to show for it are a picture and her memories. It's sadness makes it such a beautiful story." Rosalie explained.

"I agree. Her having that brief chance at living her life the way she wanted,having a genuine romance and to have it all be taken away. It reminds you to cherish the little things. I can understand you being able to relate to Ann. There is however one thing you would have done totally different though."Bella said.

"What's that?" Rosalie asked with interest.

"Instead of just being mad at Joe for having faked having his arm bitten off you would have ripped it off of him and beat him with it to teach him a lesson for screwing with you." Bella told her with a smile.

Rosalie laughed. "You're right I would have. I have fantasies of doing the same thing to Edward constantly."

"Edward's you're brother right." Rosalie nodded."Why haven't I met him yet? I saw him at school and he was at the window the first time I came to your house but I haven't seen him since."

"We aren't exactly sure where Edward is. When he realized he couldn't read your mind he became obsessed with figuring out why. He was convinced you were a threat to our family and threatened to attack you after he proved himself right." She glanced over at Bella and seeing her shocked expression she continued. "We had a major fight right before Emmett and I met you in the woods. Edward then went from thinking you were a major threat to thinking he needed you to be by his side so in his words he would be unstoppable. Whatever that means."

"Is your brother dangerous? Should I be worried?" Bella asked concerned.

"To you he isn't dangerous. You could easily dispatch him while you were in your human form. As to being worried I don't know." Rosalie sighed."The past few decades he's become slightly unhinged. He is convinced that he will become some powerful vampire lord and rule over many covens. He has been mostly harmless but he has been slipping into madness more and more as the years have gone by."

"Is there something your family can do to help him?" Bella asked.

"There isn't. At this point we are all fed up with him and it's only because Carlisle is his maker that we even allow him to live with us. We all hope he never comes back so we don't have to deal with him again." Rosalie explained.

"That's kind of a crazy situation to have to deal with. I think I'm with you hoping he doesn't come back." Bella said.

"If he continues on this way I fear we will have to kill him. I may not like him but none of us wish it gets to that point." Rosalie may not be a big fan of her brother but she really didn't want to kill him.

"Is that the only option? Is there no other way to punish a vampire?" Bella asked.

"It's the least cruel." Rosalie added sadly.

"I'm sorry your family has to deal with him." Bella couldn't imagine having that kind of thing to deal with.

"It is what it is. Just another thing not to worry about until it comes to pass. It seems like we both have a couple of those in our lives."Rosalie said."

Bella smiled."But now we deal with them together."

"Together."Rosalie lifted Bella's hand to her lips and kissed her knuckles.

"What time are you going to pick me up tomorrow?" Bella asked.

"I don't want to come to early but I have to warn you my family is very excited to spend time with you. Esme would very much like to cook you breakfast if you would let her."Rosalie had already warned her family to not overwhelm Bella but she didn't have much hope for it to not to happen.

"I wouldn't mind some breakfast. How about you come at 9? That way I can still have a bit of a lazy morning." Bella replied.

"That's sounds good." Rosalie agreed as she pulled into Bella's driveway. "Wait right there I'll get your door."

Rosalie opened the door and offered Bella her hand. Hand and hand they walked to the front door of the house sharing a chaste kiss.

"Does it sound creepy to say I already miss you?" Bella felt silly wanting Rosalie to stay by her side and not leave.

Rosalie chuckled at Bella's question. "If it is then we'll both be creepy together because I already miss you too."

"Together?" Bella asked.

"Together."Rosalie replied causing Bella to smile. "Good night Bella."

"Good night Rosalie." Bella told her and with a small wave went into the house already looking forward to the next day.