Chapter 19

Rosalie collected her lunch tray filled with more food than she usually got and headed towards her family's lunch table.Bella wasn't there yet but just the fact that she would be joining them made her happy. Who was she kidding spending any time with her mate made her happy. As she sat down at her table she looked at the other trays of food each of her family members had. Theirs were also filled with extra food."What's with all the extra food?"

"We could ask the same to you." Emmett replied.

"I got some extra incase MY mate was still hungry when she finished her lunch" Rosalie emphasized the word my to get the point across that it was her job to take care of Bella.

"Yeah, well we all wanted to make sure Bella had enough food to. She's our friend. We want to take care of her just as much as you do." Emmett defended.

Before Rosalie could respond Bella walked up to their table."Hey guys."

"Bella come sit next to me. I saved you a seat." Alice said before Rosalie had a chance to offer the seat next to her. Rosalie felt a soft growl directed at Alice come from her throat.

Bella gave Rosalie a strange look. "Sure Alice thanks." After sitting in her seat Bella looked around and noticed all the food at the table. It was strange the vampires bought food at all, although Bella justified it as them trying to blend in, but the amount of food they had in front of each of them was ridiculous.

Alice noticed Bella looking at her tray." I read that humans need lots of fruits and vegetables to stay healthy and calcium for bone strength, so I got you some apples, french fries, this salad, I wasn't sure what kind of dressing you would like so I got a bunch of different ones and oh, yeah I got you regular milk, chocolate milk and some strawberry milk. Here you go, dig in."

Alice pushed her tray towards Bella and gave her an expectant look. Bella took the tray and gave Alice a grateful smile. It was then she realized all the extra food at the table was for her. She was touched that they each had thought of getting it for her but she wasn't sure she would be able to eat it all. Bella would try though.

"That's very thoughtful of you Alice, thank you. I'll gladly eat it all." Alice's beaming smile made it worth it to Bella to stuff herself full of the gross cafeteria food.

"I got you some stuff to. Not that healthy junk but some desserts. I bet you like junk food more than healthy crap." Emmett said as he pushed his own tray over to Bella proudly making Rosalie frown.

Rosalie was on one hand happy that her family was so welcoming to Bella but on the other they were stepping in the way of her taking care of her mate. It was hard to be angry though as she looked over at a beaming Alice who was watching Bella work her way through the large salad Alice got her. Alice deserved a friend and although she preferred to have Bella to herself maybe Bella needed a friend too.

"So Bella when are you coming over for the sleepover?I got the new call of duty and I thought we could play and then maybe we could go hunting together with you in your tiger form if you wanted." Emmett said.

"Oh I don't know about the sleepover." Bella replied.

"It's going to be Saturday and no boys allowed. Bella's coming over to hang out with me not play boring video games with you!"Alice told Emmett.

"That's not fair Alice. Bella is all of our friends. You don't own her time. Maybe she wants to play video games with me."Emmett said.

"Um yeah I like video games. I wouldn't mind playing with you for a little while Emmett. I can just come over a little earlier so we have time to do that and then Alice you and I can hang out the rest of the time." Bella interjected. She hated confrontation and hoped this would stop Alice and Emmett from fighting.

Alice pouted but Emmett smiled big. Before they could start the argument again Rosalie jumped in. "That sounds like a reasonable compromise. Thank you Bella. Maybe you and myself could spend some time together as well. I can show you the progress I've made with your car."

"I think I would like that." Bella said to Rosalie.

"Ok, fine but we have to plan our sleepover. It's going to be so much fun! What should we do? What movies do you want to watch? I get to give you a make over right? That's a big part of sleepovers. Please say you'll let me give you a make over." Alice pleaded.

"I guess we could do a make over. If you really wanted."Bella wasn't exactly keen on the idea and would have to figure out a way to prevent it from happening.

Alice's reply to Bella was to squeal loudly and pull her into a hug."We are going to have so much fun. I can't wait. What time can you come over? You should come for breakfast. Esme would love to cook for you. She doesn't get to cook for us so it would be a real treat. I wish you could just come live with us. That would be so much better. Then we could be together all the time."

"Alice maybe you should calm down a bit. I think you may be overwhelming Bella." Jasper said as he pulled Alice out of the hug. He shot Bella an apologetic smile, which she just returned with a shrug. He was excited for his wife but a little worried she may be too much for Bella to handle. She was doing well so far but Alice was still being on her best behavior. He once again felt regret for not being able to use his gift to feel what Bella was feeling. It was feeling he knew he would have to get used to when it came to Bella.

"Sorry Bella. I get a little bit over excited sometimes." Alice said sheepishly.

"That's ok, Alice. I can come over in the morning but not to early because Rosalie and I are going out on Friday night and I do need to sleep." Bella said giving Rosalie a shy smile.

"You're going out? Like on a date? Are you guys dating now? That's so great." Alice replied. She was confused as to why Rosalie was glaring at her and Bella was blushing. A date was a great thing in Alice's mind. Once Rosalie and Bella were bonded that meant they would see more of Bella.

"I don't know is it a date?" Bella didn't know where she got her courage to ask Rosalie that question from.

Rosalie felt put on the spot. Did Bella want it to be a date? She knew she did, but she didn't even know if Bella was gay. This was one of those situations that people talked about where you had to take a leap of faith to get the outcome you wanted. And it had already worked for her once today with getting the non date so maybe, just maybe it would work at turning that non date into an actual date. So she leapt."I want it to be a date. Do you want it to be a date?"

Bella felt herself blush. She looked Rosalie in the eye and replied. " I want it to be a date too."

Rosalie was elated but tried to keep her cool. "Then Friday nights a date." Now all she had to do was figure out the perfect restaurant to take Bella to.

The ringing of the lunch bell saved everyone from further conversation. As they went their separate ways Rosalie promised to meet Bella at her car after school to drive her home.