Chapter 52

After racing through the woods Bella and Rosalie ended up in the meadow they had made love in the last time they were there. Rosalie's mind immediately went to all the wonderful things they could be doing if Bella shifted back to human form causing Bella to roll her glowing eyes.

"What I didn't say anything." Rosalie told her.

"You didn't have to I could hear your thoughts" Bella reminded her laying down in the grass.

"Well your thoughts aren't that far from mine so don't look so innocent." Rosalie said sitting against Bella's side stretching her legs out.

"And that's the reason I'm staying in tiger form."

Rosalie began running her hand through Bella's fur smiling when Bella started purring when she scratched behind her ears. She felt so at peace like this. Around Bella she really had no worries. She knew Bella loved her unconditionally and could easily protect not only Rosalie but herself also. That allowed Rosalie to just live in the moment without worry. She closed her eyes and felt the softness of Bella's fur against her body and suddenly wished she was naked so she could feel the comfort of it everywhere.

"I'm not opposed to you being naked you know." Bella told her

"Yes I know darling but if I'm naked I'm going to want you naked also and I don't want you to think all I ever think about is having sex with you." Rosalie told her.

"I know you don't. I just like the chance to be in my tiger form without worrying about someone stumbling upon us and catching me." Bella said.

"I do enjoy your tiger. You are very cute and oh so cuddly." Rosalie laughed when Bella growled showing off her teeth in reply.

"I am a ferocious killing enemies quake at the sight of me." Bella said highly offended.

Rosalie grabbed her big head in her hands and turned it so they were face to face telling her in a voice usually reserved for cute animals."You're my fierce little kitty aren't you?"

Bella jumped to her feet causing Rosalie to fall flat on her back and pounced on her causing Rosalie to laugh even louder.

"Take it back! I'm a dangerous animal. Admit that I'm scary." Bella said as she held Rosalie's shaking shoulders down with her front paws.

"Ok, ok you're right you're very scary." Bella nodded her head in agreement. "Especially with those cute little ears and these soft paws. I'm downright terrified."

Rosalie gave Bella a confused look as Bella jumped off her. She was going to apologize for pushing it to far when as soon as she got herself to her feet Bella grabbed Rosalie's shoulder softly and flung her over the tiger's back. Bella set off so fast Rosalie barely had the chance to hold on before Bella made it through the tree line.

"Bella what are you doing? Where are we going?" Rosalie yelled trying to right herself on Bella's back. She tried reading Bella's mind but it seemed Bella could block her out. She would have to ask about that later.

They ran for a few minutes when Rosalie finally got an idea of what Bella was doing. It was the sound of running water that clued her into Bella's intent.

"Bella I'm sorry. There is no need for this. I was just playing around. You're are the most terrifying, ferocious animal to ever live. Please put me down. I don't want to have to jump." Rosalie pleaded.

Bella ignored her and as the reached the stream she grabbed a fighting Rosalie by the leg and threw her into the river getting them both wet.

Rosalie sputtered and splashed trying to get her footing. "Bella you are going to pay for that!"

Rosalie launched herself at the tiger tackling it pushing its head under water. When she finally let Bella up she lost the last bit of anger when Bella lifted her head and Rosalie started laughing seeing the fish hanging out of her mouth. Bella ate it with one bite.

"Have you learned your lesson? Do I make you quake in your boots?" Bella inquired showing off her impressive teeth.

"Yes I've learned my lesson. You are the ultimate predator." Rosalie said splashing water at Bella.

"Do you want to swim for a bit? We are already soaked."Bella asked.

"Do you want to change back? I left the backpack back in the meadow but you could always swim naked." Rosalie said throwing her a wink.

"I like being aware of my surroundings and if I get naked neither of us will know what's going on around us."Bella told her.

"Good point." Rosalie grabbed onto Bella's neck as Bella took off swimming content to be close to Bella while they both enjoyed the water. With Rosalie's new body temperature the water felt almost refreshing in its coolness. Especially with Bella's body heat warming her.

She smiled realizing that Bella once again gave her a gift. She never got to swim when she was human but from the way the water felt different to her now she thought this was probably what it would have felt like. She was about to tell Bella her thought when all of a sudden Bella stopped and began growling.

"Bella what's wrong?" Rosalie looked around but didn't see anything nor did she hear anything. When she tried to reach out to Bella to find out what was wrong she couldn't hear Bella but she could feel her. It was like Bella was all instinct. She knew Bella had focused on a predator and was about to go after it but she didn't know what exactly Bella had found.

Bella took off toward the quileute border. As she made her way across it Rosalie yelled at her.

"Bella I can't go over there that's the wolves territory. You need to stop. It's against the treaty for me to go with you." Rosalie released a sigh of relief as Bella stopped running and came back to stand with her in the water. Rosalie jumped on her back and Bella took off back to the meadow shifting back to human form when Rosalie jumped down.

"I saw three wolves. They were watching us." Bella told Rosalie as she started putting her dry clothes over her wet body.

"That's the border. They are allowed to be there. They probably smelled me and wanted to see what was going on." Rosalie explained. "We should go to my house I don't doubt that they will be contacting us very soon."

"I agree. I really didn't want to get involved with the shifters especially this soon but I was the one who threw you in the water."

Rosalie put the backpack on and grabbed Bella's hand. "Come on let's go to my house take a shower and then make a plan."

Bella grabbed her hand and together they ran side by side to the Cullen residence.