Chapter 50

"So I talked to Charlie."Bella told Rosalie as they drove to school."He seemed reluctant to let the three of us go together but said he would talk to Esme and get back to me."

"That's good news right?" Rosalie asked.

"Yes in the sense that we can go. No because I could tell Charlie was hurt that I wanted to go back so soon and I could see the worry in his eyes that I might want to stay there." Bella explained.

"Time is the only way to make him feel differently. I had a brief but useless discussion with Carlisle. He seemed even more surprised about the sleeping then the rest of the changes. He is going to reach out to our cousins to ask some questions and use his interest in the wolf pack as an excuse."Rosalie said.

"We may want to talk to the shifters eventually ourselves. If we keep hitting dead ends maybe they would know something." Bella added.

"Yeah. It's weirds though. I feel like I should be more concerned about all the changes and don't get me wrong I am but mostly I feel happy and almost excited to see what if anything else will happen." Rosalie told her.

"I'm glad your happy with everything. I think the thing I worry about the most is if there will be negative changes or any changes to me. I'm anxious to go to the estate and see what we find." Bella said.

"Have you felt any different? You seem to be physically the same." Rosalie asked.

"I feel the same but then again it's only been 24 hours since the bond was accepted. We might not know yet." Bella explained.

"True my physical differences were instantaneous but that doesn't mean there won't be more." Rosalie said as they pulled into the parking lot next to Emmett's Jeep.

"Hey Bella bear!" Emmett called when Bella got out of the car.

"Hey Emmett, Alice, Jasper." Bella greeted the siblings as she joined them.

"I can't believe Rosalie can sleep! That's so crazy. I was trying to get her to eat food but she refused." Alice said with a pout.

"That's because food smells disgusting and I'm not going to eat and throw it up just to sate your curiosity." Rosalie replied.

"Still you could have tried it. It's not like it would have killed you." Emmett said.

The bell rang bringing an end to their discussion. As they walked to the school Emmett walked next to Bella and slipped a king size Kit Kat bar in her hand and gave her a wink causing Rosalie to roll her eyes and sigh.

Bella smiled and turned to Rosalie. "I'll see you at lunch."

Sharing a chaste kiss they turned to go separate ways.

"Do you play any sports?" Emmett asked Bella sliding his tray full of different snack sized bags of potato chips to her at lunch.

"I didn't really have anyone to play sports with but I do watch sports." Bella told him.

"What do you watch?" Emmett asked.

"I like MMA and boxing the most but soccer and football are fun too."Bella said.

"Oh man I love MMA. I never get to really fight anyone so it's fun to watch other people do it. Maybe we can fight while you're in your human form. Jasper could join us. He's a really good fighter. What do you think Jasper?" Emmett asked him.

"That could be fun. I've only really fought vampires hand to hand. It would be nice to see how my skills line up to Bella's." Jasper said.

"I don't have that much experience fighting in human form. Only tiger. So I don't know how good I would be." Bella told them.

"You handled those guys in the park like they were nothing so I think you have at least some skill. If not maybe it would be good for Jasper to teach you some stuff." Rosalie said trying to keep the excitement at the idea of seeing her mate fight out of her voice.

"Yeah it would be fun to watch you guys showing off your skills for us lady folks." Alice said giving Rosalie a knowing look. She had to admit even if just to herself that watching Jasper fight always was a good time for her.

"It's like they are obsessed with each other. Like single white female level" they all heard Jessica say.

"Yeah she is wearing contacts to match Bella's creepy eyes. What the hell is that about?" Lauren said.

"Who cares? They are so hot. I love the idea of them together. I'm thinking about talking to Bella and seeing if she would like a man to join in the fun. I am the perfect guy for it." Mike told them puffing our his chest and flexing his arm muscles.

Bella noticed Rosalie stiffen and took her hand. She didn't want her to get upset at something as stupid as teenage gossip. Especially about something Rosalie loved so much, her new eye color."It's ok Rosalie. Don't let them get to you."

Rosalie's body relaxed and she turned her attention to Bella." Oh they don't get to me. Human nature and all that. Just like you said they don't know any better."

Bella was a little confused at Rosalie's nonchalance. Every time someone had made negative or suggestive comments Rosalie had been livid but looking at her now she was completely relaxed.

"Yeah human nature." Alice said exchanging confused looks with the others.

Before anything else could be said the bell rang ending lunch and with their routine kiss and promise to see each other after school at Rosalie's car, Bella and Rosalie went to their classes.