Chapter 58

Rosalie stayed as far away from the bonfire as she could not fully convinced someone wouldn't just shove her into the fire. The wolves had been overly polite to her and each shook her hand and stared into her eyes in awe with the obvious changes. She wanted to be annoyed but one look at Bella's relaxed face made this whole experience worth it.

She had never really seen Bella in a social setting before. It didn't really count at school and when they hung out with her family it was just that, a bunch of family hanging out. Now as she watched Bella talking to a group of elderly women she saw who Bella truly was.

This wasn't Bella Swan she was gazing at,this was Bella Shurlong of the American royal Shurlong line. This was Bella the politician. Working the crowd diplomatically giving each person her full attention and easing any worries they had with her calming voice and easily sharing smiles with the most serious members of the group.

Rosalie found that the shifters weren't the only ones in awe of her mate. She couldn't believe this was the same girl she had wiped chocolate sprinkles off the chin of hours before. A smile came to her face as a young girl ran up to Bella to show her a doll.

"What do we have here? What is your name?" Bella asked the girl.

"My name is Claire. This my friend Becky." Claire held the doll up for Bella to see." Is it true you're the white tiger aunty Em told me about?"

"Yes I am the white tiger but you can call me Bella."

A woman ran over and picked Claire up and said apologetically. " I'm sorry white tiger. She slipped away before I could stop her from bothering you."

"Nonsense. She wasn't bothering me and please call me Bella." Bella told the blushing girl.

Sam walked up just then introducing the girl." Bella this is my imprint and fiancé Emily Young. Emily this is Bella."

Bella shook Emily's hand. "Congratulations. It's nice to meet you Emily. Let me introduce you to my imprint Rosalie."

Rosalie joined Bella and offered Emily her hand which Emily took carefully."Your hand is a lot warmer than I thought it would be. You could pass for a human that just came in from the cold."

"Yes one of the perks of being Bella's mate. My eyes and body temperature allow me to blend in with humans better." Rosalie gave Bella a smile.

"That's amazing. We heard about the white tiger all our lives and to meet you is such an honor." Emily stammered.

"The honor is mine. You have all been most welcome to myself and Rosalie. You truly are gracious hosts." Bella told her.

"Will you show us your tiger?" A young boy with two missing front teeth asked as he ran up to Bella with a group of children.

"Eli it's not polite to ask people to shift if you aren't in danger." Looking at Bella,Sam said. "My apologies Bella. The young ones are just excited."

"Do all of the tribe members know about shifters?" Rosalie asked curiously. She was under the impression that the wolves only found out if they shifted themselves.

"Yes, we try to prepare them the best we can in case they shift. Before we were secretive and were only allowed to tell our imprints but as the number of wolves that change grows bigger every generation we find it best to teach them control early on so there are less issues when they do shift." Sam explained.

"That's a good idea. I knew nothing of shifting until one day I turned into a white tiger. It was quite the surprise to both myself and my grandparents." Bella said with a laugh,remembering her grandma's expression when she burst into Bella's room the night of her first shift.