Chapter 5

Bella Swan was in the middle of realizing why it wasn't all that cracked up to be the new kid. With her unusual looks she always got attention but with being the new kid it seemed that attention tripled.

As she walked to her first period class a boy with dark hair, glasses and terrible acne walked towards her holding a camera in his hand.

"Hi I'm Eric, you're the new girl right? We heard there was someone new coming and I'm on the newspaper. I want to do an article on you and take your picture. It's going to be front page so everyone gets to know Isabella Swan."

The poor boy had to crane his neck to look her in the eye and Bella almost felt bad having to shoot the boy's hopes down. He seemed genuine in his excitement but was staring at her in a way that was making her uncomfortable.

"I don't want to do that if you don't mind. I'm not big on pictures and my life isn't interesting enough to warrant a whole newspaper article." Bella saw him deflate a small bit but he quickly regrouped.

"That's ok. Maybe we could be friends though. I bet it's hard not knowing anyone. You want to sit at my lunch table with me and my friends?"

"That's cool. I'll sit with you guys." His excitement was contagious and Bella found herself smiling back. Eric wound up being helpful enough to show her how to get to her first period class and dropped her off with an agreement to see each other at lunch.

Her morning went pretty easy from there. Nothing exciting happened. Even though she was homeschooled after the age of ten she was far more ahead than a normal high school student. She hoped this would be a reoccurring theme and high school wouldn't be that bad. She thanked the powers that be that she had the ambition to learn on her own because there was no way Rene would ever make an effort to teach her anything other than how to rely on someone else for everything.

Lunch time came around and Alice was excited. She hoped to get a glimpse of the new girl. She felt that Edward was right in a way. They should be a little bit worried about her being able to get around their gifts, but Alice didn't care. This girl was not only Rosalie's mate but she was as unusual as Alice was.

Even though she couldn't see her future with the girl she had a feeling that this was going to be the friend she had always wanted. She just knew in her heart the girl would understand how it felt to get strange looks and feel out of place. Even though she hadn't seen it she could already imagine all the fun they were going to have starting with a shopping trip. Because although the girl had a basic style Alice could already think of numerous ways to improve her look.

Now Alice just had to think of a way she could talk to her without going against her own rule. She didn't want to upset Rosalie but this was about so much more to her. After this morning sinking into her depression and loneliness, then seeing this unique girl it was like a wish came true. And in the back of her mind she wondered if the girl herself had some power of her own that fulfilled her wish.

But now wasn't the time to think about that,she had planning to do. Without the use of her gift it would be a little more difficult and on top of that she was trying to figure out how to not let Edward know about what she was up to.

She had a feeling Emmett was all for talking to the girl as it was somewhat true what Edward said. Emmett was all about humans. He found their reactions and behaviors interesting and had asked Alice many times if a human would ever become a part of their family. Alice knew Emmett was more lonely than she was because at least she had a mate. He had at many times become bored with his life. But maybe the reason Alice hadn't seen a human become a part of the family was because she couldn't see this human at all. She had asked Jasper to see if he could read her emotions but he hadn't had a chance.