Chapter 15

Rosalie and Bella were both counting down the seconds until the last bell signaled the end of the school day and the beginning of an afternoon spent with their mate and imprint happily.

Bella walked up to Rosalie leaning on her thunderbird and opened the driver's side signaling Rosalie to get in. Rosalie sent a scowl toward Alice when she heard the girl squeal and clap her hands watching them. She had warned not only her siblings but her parents that Bella was coming over and that they were to leave them alone as to not only give them time together but to not overwhelm Bella by surrounding her with vampires. It pleased Rosalie greatly that Bella trusted her enough to even come over and she would be damned if they were going to ruin this afternoon for her.

On the way to her house Rosalie asked Bella about her day and they chatted about classes and schoolwork never venturing into anything deep. It was comfortable and relaxed until Rosalie turned into her driveway. Bella tensed and fisted her hands to suppress her feelings of being in danger and the urge to shift. She guessed she was feeling this way due to the overwhelming smells of so many vampires. Controlling it was more difficult than she thought it would be as she never felt her fight or flight instincts triggered so strongly before.

Rosalie watched Bella closely with concern. She looked like she was in pain and her breathing was becoming faster the closer they came to her house. She had known it would be hard for Bella to be around vampires as she wasn't used to them but she didn't think it would be this hard on her."All you alright? We can do this at your house if you want. I don't need to use my garage. I can bring my tools to your house if you are uncomfortable."

Bella shook her head. "No it's fine I'm not just not used to the smell of vampire. You smell different than your family. You smell like blooming flowers. It makes me forget you're even a vampire sometimes."

If Rosalie was a human she would have blushed. That had a be a good thing. Bella said she didn't smell like a vampire so did that mean Bella felt the bond? She badly wanted to ask but knew it was to soon to bring it up. She was more than happy to take things slow with Bella and have them established a relationship before she told her about the bond. That of course would happen only after she told Bella her secret because Rosalie wanted Bella to accept her for herself not because predetermined fate made her.

"You guys love your windows don't you?!" Bella asked as the house came into view.

"We are surrounded by wilderness out here so we can be ourselves. We can't go out in public when it's sunny due to our skin but at home we don't have to hide so we have the windows."Rosalie said.

"What happens to your skin when it's hit with sunlight?" Bella asked

"One day I'll show you. It's easier to show than explain." Rosalie realized that never before would she have shown anyone her skin or any other part of she was almost eager for Bella to see all of her. She wanted Bella to know her almost as badly as she wanted to know Bella. It was a strange and exciting feeling.

Bella nodded as the feeling of danger became more intense the closer they got to the house. She could feel her tiger fighting to break out and focusing solely on Rosalie was the only thing keeping her in check.Rosalie's scent surrounded her while she was in the car and Bella was worried that once she no longer had that to center herself she would be all the more on edge.

With a deep inhale Bella opened her car door and walked around the car towards Rosalie. Rosalie asked her to stay there while she went in the house to change her clothes. Bella felt grateful and the slightest bit guilty that Rosalie was noticing her unease. She thought she would be fine and could control herself but she had never been put in a situation like this. She just hoped she could relax in a little while thinking the longer she was exposed to the scent the more comfortable she would be.