Chapter 56

After taking to long of a shower and rushing through breakfast Bella and Rosalie made it to school about halfway into first period so they didn't see the rest of the Cullens until lunch.

"Saw you doing the walk of shame this morning." Emmett told Rosalie earning a glare from the blond.

"I was not doing the walk of shame. My mate and I were running late. That's all." Rosalie told him through gritted teeth.

"Yeah and you're just wearing her clothes as a fashion statement." Emmett said motioning with his hand to Rosalie's outfit which consisted of one of Bella's shirts and a pair of jeans that she had to roll up the bottom of so she wouldn't trip.

"Shut up Emmett. Rosalie looks very cute. You're just jealous that nobody wants to wear your stinky smelling clothing." Alice said.

"I'm not stinky. Bella tell them I don't stink." Emmett pleaded as Bella took her seat between Rosalie and Alice.

"I don't think you smell that bad Emmett." Bella told him as Emmett slid his tray full of different flavored ice cream bars close to her.

"She's just saying that because you feed her junk food." Alice said taking the ice cream in her hand so they wouldn't melt before Bella finished eating her lunch.

"Bella is that true. Do you only love me because I give you sugar?"Emmett said giving Rosalie a wink as she growled at him deciphering the double meaning of his question.

"No Emmett I don't only love you because you feed me." Bella reassured him.

"But you do love me more than Alice right?" Emmett asked dodging Alice's hand as she reached over to hit him.

"No Bella loves me more. I'm her best friend. You're just the annoying neighbor boy that won't leave her alone." Alice said defensively.

"I hate to break it to you guys but I love Rosalie more." Bella told them kissing a smiling Rosalie on the cheek.

"Aww. I can't even argue with that because you guys are so freakin cute." Alice cooed at them.

"Bella what do you plan to do about the wolves?"Jasper asked the question he had been dying to know the answer to.

"Well we discussed it and we arranged with Sam to meet with them today after school. I'm not sure how long it will take so I don't know if I'll be able to go to your house to let you guys know what was said." Bella told him.

Emmett sighed dramatically "And we all know Rosalie isn't going to leave your side to tell us so that means we have to wait until tomorrow to find out."

"Are you guys still going to go to Arizona? I mean if the wolves know everything do you even need to?" Alice asked.

"Yes, we are still going to go. Even if the wolves know something it doesn't mean we still shouldn't look into my history a little more because one of my ancestors may have known more concrete information about all this." Bella explained.

"I still can't believe you are some shifter Messiah. Even before we talked to you I thought you were cool but everyday something new comes up and you become that much cooler." Emmett said.

"Thank you?" Bella replied confused as if that was a complaint or not.

"When can we go hunting together? I want to see you in action and maybe the mountain lion could come." Emmett asked.

"When do you need to go hunting again?" Bella asked Rosalie.

"Tomorrow would be good. Especially if we meet with the wolves tonight." Rosalie said using her thumb to wipe off some chocolate sprinkles from Bella's chin.

"Do you want to go tomorrow with us? I can see if the lion needs more meat. Her cubs are growing so they will need to eat more now that they are weened off her milk."Bella said.

"Bella can I come to? I want to meet the lion cubs. I've never gotten to play with any animals before because they are wary of vampires." Alice asked.

Rosalie rolled her eyes and asked a smiling Jasper." Do you want to come to? We can make it a family event."

Jasper chuckled."Yes, I actually would like to if it's not to much of a bother. I think it would be fun hunting with you guys and maybe I can reel in Alice if she gets to excited."

Rosalie looked at her smiling mate who was eating her third ice cream and sighed. Although her family was annoying and she would prefer to hunt with Bella alone she would not deny her mate the opportunity to play with her friends.

"I guess we are all going hunting tomorrow."She told the group wincing at the sound of Emmett and Bella high fiving a little to enthusiastically.

Bella gave her a sheepish smile looking around to find most of the cafeteria looking towards them. The bell rang causing the students to start moving towards their next classes and the sound all forgotten.

Rosalie pulled Bella out of her chair and into her arms giving her a deep kiss as the thought of having to separate was causing an ache in her chest. The feelings were getting more intense and she was hoping the wolves could give them some answers about their bond.

"Are you ok?" Bella asked when the kiss ended.

"I just miss you already." Rosalie told her shyly.

"I love you and I'll see you before you know it." Bella promised.

"I love you to." Rosalie said as they went on to their individual classes frustrated that they had to pretend to be human today when all she wanted was to be with her mate.