Chapter 48

By the time Rosalie had finally shown up at her window Bella had had dinner with Charlie,taken a shower and spent an hour alone in the dark pretending to sleep when Charlie checked on her. Instead of saying anything she just held up the blanket inviting Rosalie to snuggle next to her on the bed.

"I missed you." Rosalie told her pulling Bella into her arms and kissing her. When she started to deepen the kiss Bella pulled back.

"No funny business remember." Bella warned her.

"Yeah, yeah I remember." Rosalie grumbled. "Are you tired?"

"I'm feeling a little sleepy. It's been a long day." Bella told her.

"It really has." Rosalie agreed snaking her hand up the back of Bella shirt rubbing her hand up and down Bella's naked back.

"Can we just stay in bed for a few days?" Bella asked.0I feel like we haven't had a minute to breath by ourselves."

Rosalie hummed in agreement stopping her hand she asked. "Are you not wearing a bra?"

"No I'm not,we are in bed and I wanted to be comfortable." Bella explained.

Rosalie groaned."You're making me really regret agreeing to the no funny business rule."

"I have faith that as a perfect half gentleman you will be able to contain your desires." Bella replied.

"Maybe I feel more like a scoundrel than a half gentleman tonight." Rosalie told her.

Bella patted Rosalie's stomach."Be good. Let's talk about something else."

"Hmmm. I guess if we have to." Rosalie whined. "Esme said she would go with us to Arizona. So you can ask Charlie about it now."

"That's good. When do you think we should go?" Bella asked.

Rosalie thought about it. "Next week. Would that work?How many days do you think we'll need to be there?"

"Maybe leave Friday night to avoid the sun and come back Monday night. If we don't get a chance to go through everything we can bring some stuff back. Charlie is going to expect me to anyway." Bella told her.

"That sounds good. I'm excited to see your family home. I want to see where you come from." Rosalie said.

"It's nothing fancy. Just an old house with a bunch of land." Bella explained.

"It's a part of you. That's all that matters to me."Rosalie told her letting loose a purr when she felt Bella scratch her nails across her stomach.

"I love that you purr." Bella said.

"You purr also and if you don't stop that hand I'm going to see how far I can push the limits of the no funny business rule until it breaks." Rosalie promised.

"Sorry" Bella said putting her arm around Rosalie and laying her head on Rosalie's chest.

Rosalie wrapped her arms around Bella."Is it uncomfortable for you to lay on me now that my skin is warm?"

"No. You are still a lot cooler than I am so even warm you won't make me sweat. What does it feel like going from so cold to so warm?" Bella asked.

"I always felt warm when you would touch me so it's not entirely different than that. This sounds cheesy but I like it because the warmth feels like a constant reminder of you I carry with me now."Rosalie said.

"It's not cheesy. "Bella reassured her. "What about the other changes? How are you feeling about all the ways your body has changed?"

"I like that my eyes can pass for human now. The fact that they are a mixture of your two colors makes me extremely happy because it's one more physical reminder of how strong our bond is. " Rosalie told her. "As for the speed and strength. I'm glad to have both because it makes me more of an equal to you. You need to have a worthy imprint to stand beside you and with the changes it makes me feel like I can be that for you."

Bella leaned up on her elbows." Rosalie you are more than worthy to be my imprint. I worry that I might come with to much baggage to be a good mate to you. It's been a week and I've already turned your life upside down."

"My life needed to be turned upside down. I never truly realized it before but after meeting you not only myself but my family was in a rut. We were just existing. I think that's why it's so hard to get them to calm down when it comes to you related things. You kind of fill all of our wish lists for a more exciting life."Rosalie explained. "Alice always wanted to make a friend that knew what it was like to be different that she could experience normal friendship with. Emmett wanted a playmate that would like the same stuff he does.When you agreed to wrestle him in your tiger form I've never witnessed him so happy before. Jasper wanted someone to share his love of military history and the fact that you have a link to his time in battle has him over the moon. Carlisle, well you know how Carlisle is. You make him excited about learning again and Esme always wanted a child she could dote over. She might not admit it out loud but she is extremely excited to see how your estate is decorated."

"I don't mind your family that much. They do come on a little strong. I honestly wouldn't mind talking to Carlisle but only on my terms. He just gets a little pushy and I'm not a big fan of that. Alice has calmed down some and Emmett is like the big brother I always wanted. Even if he is kind of annoying. Jasper has always been kind to me and I had been planning on talking to him about my military family history. As for Esme I don't mind be doted on. I never had a real mother after my grandma died. It will just take a little time to get use to it." Bella said.

"I had to fight them about wanting to go to Arizona with us." At Bella's confused look Rosalie kissed her forehead. "You excite them. We live a human life but nothing that great. We have nice cars and houses but we really don't get a chance to live. With your family being real American royalty and an estate filled with not only prominent human history but so much secret shifter history it is kind of amazing. They all want to go."

"Maybe one day we'll take them. Selfishly I want to have time alone with you even if Esme has to be there. I don't want them to have access to the full estate but I'm sure there are things that aren't to personal that they would like to see." Bella was already thinking of a few rooms they would like.

"They would love that. I told them they needed to back off a bit. We have just started our relationship and I feel like we need time to learn about each other and they haven't really given us that." Rosalie said.

"I agree. We haven't had time to even explore our bond. Enough about them though. Tell me a bedtime story. I want to fall asleep listening to your voice." Bella told her snuggling back into Rosalie's chest.

"What kind of bed time story?" Rosalie asked.

"Tell me something about Rosalie Hale the vampire. Something positive."Bella wanted to hear something happy as she fell asleep.

"Well let's see." Rosalie said taking a minute to think. "I was the reason Emmett was turned into a vampire."

"Really?" Bella didn't know that.

"Lay down, close your eyes and I'll tell you all about it. "Rosalie continued when Bella complied."It happened two years after I was turned. I was hunting and came upon a human and a bear. That human was Emmett. It looked like he had tried to fight the bear with his fists and the bear had won brilliantly. I admired his courage and thought it was a shame that he would die in such a brutal fashion. For some reason I felt like I needed to save him. I brought him to Carlisle, who couldn't save his human life so he instead turned him into a vampire. I initially thought he would hate me for taking his choice away but Emmett has actually thanked me on many occasions. He was born to be a vampire.

Rosalie looked down at Bella when she felt Bella's purr rumble through her body. Her breathing had evened out and Rosalie could tell she was fast asleep. She gathered Bella tighter into her arms and with an answering purr from own body Rosalie closed her eyes content to lay there and protect her mate as she slept.