Chapter 23 About what?

" Benny , Harvey and I are going for a short walk! Take care of Jeremiah please!" He , just nodded and Harvey , walked with me to the edge of , the forest away from his hut.

We , sat and he said nothing at first " You're disappointed with me?" No , not with you! I... " You're, unhappy with me because she is now here! " I'm mad at myself! " Harvey , before she disappeared and came back today... Has , she ever asked to do anything with you? Or ,did she just say .. Harvey , I want some medicine?"

" She only saw you as a friend! Now , she feels guilty because she left , you behind to raise her cubs!"
I , care for you it's just... I , got up and walked off into the woods and cried ...  Sitting by a tree " It's , my fault! I , shouldn't have let my feelings get the , better knowing he loves Bai!" I , sat thinking not paying attention.

Then... A wicked laugh.. Our , leader will be so happy to have you! "Get , the hell away from me! Harvey , get help!" I screamed.  Grabbing ,a handful of sand , and a rock I stood slowly this wolf staring right into my eyes...

Then a panther beastman joined him blocking my path back to Harvey with a smirk.. I was nervous think fast Jessica.. Okay , the river runs into the lake I moved fast hitting the panther hard with the rock I threw sand in the wolfs eyes and ran fast through the woods..

I , had tried not to stomp sticks.. I hear angry growls gaining on me so I , jumped off the cliff into the water rubbing Dylan's mark " Dylan help me!" I , cried hitting hard  but managed to swim up gasping , and coughing I grabbed onto a tree branch floating.

I , passed out hugging the log as I , lay on top floating along I felt  arm grab me... Jessica , Jessica! Mate! Worried  feelings  through my marks.. I blinked my eyes "Sorcerer , his beasts found  me!"

I say hoarsly... they growl .... " We , can't stay it will  endanger the village!" I , choke out shivering cold.. they ran me inside  taking off my hides , and cuddling in their  beast forms... " Jeremiah?"

He's with Jax ! I , see Harvey  shifted and  curled up at my feet with  tears.
I , didn't  say anything  about what happened but.. I ,could tell the others know something.

The , next morning I was sore the height I jumped from... It , feels like my bones are bruised I sat up slowly  " Sst ouch "  A unt Je ss!  "Jeremiah , come here! "  I , see him  with  a bowl of stew  "Harvey! Stay ,with me if you  want to ... what , happened I  should never have  asked you , knowing  your heart is with her! I'm sorry!"

Please , don't  leave me! " I'm not! It's , your choice I already loved you  before ... you , ever met me but I had no idea she would  be back ! I , shouldn't have came that day!"

No! Don't  say that ! He , sat the bowl down  wrapping  me in a hug I turned to face the wall and cry quietly , seeing Jeremiah  was eating ... I , am sorry too! " For , what this time?" I.. I , shouldn't have said anything ! " About , your  feelings? I , already knew! But , I wanted to make you  happy !"

No , I love you ! Don't go!
A unt J ess! Sing! Jeremiah , said in broken words....

" I used to spend my nights out in a bar room
Liquor was the only love I known
But you rescued me from reaching the bottom
And brought me back from being too far gone
Your as smooth as Tennessee whiskey
Your as sweet as strawberry wine
Your as warm as a glass of brandy
And honey I stay stoned on your love all the time"

Ha ha ha ga " Is , that funny Jeremiah?" He cackled a laugh .. I , giggled and he reached for Harvey .. " You , want Uncle Harvey? " I turned around sitting him in Harvey's lap.  I , kissed him.. Harvey , wrapped  me in a hug returning the , kiss with hunger there was a knock at the door.

Papa Harvey! He , carried Jeremiah to open the door. I , wiped my eyes and got up slowly... Mother ,wants you to come! ... Cub , I can leave right now!  " Is , your mother not feeling well?" No , she is mad! "About what little cub?" You , took Papa Harvey from Grandma !