Parenting HC's!

(Bio or adopted)

You get in trouble:

- He would not physically discipline you and instead makes you write lines.
- He actually has spanked you twice, and only twice. Looking back at it a few days earlier, he feels guilty and can't bring himself to do it again.
- If he gets angry to the point he's shouting, he pinches the bridge of his nose with a sigh, and walks off before he says something he'll regret

- You're not allowed to have or go to sleepovers. He has major trust issues and doesn't believe in them (in terms of staying at stranger's houses to sleep, he just finds it strange)
- He has only let you stay with the Malfoys once, just because Cissy managed to convince (guilt trip) him.
- You had an okay time but had a hard time connecting with Draco, so you didn't really feel the urge to go back.
(If you're a girl or fem-ish, she'll be delighted to have you around as a daughter for the day)

- For a long time, the only holiday you'd celebrate is Christmas and your birthday (if that counts)
- One year, you convinced him to celebrate Thanksgiving (he was somewhat acquainted with the American holiday already, but still didn't understand it's purpose)
- You cut up a Turkey and had it together in private, with the help of the house elves (who were very excited to cook for a new festivity)
- Much to Severus' surprise, you got Dumbledore and Minnie to join in (much to the student's confusion in the great hall when they didn't show up lmao)
- Dumbledore enjoyed it very much and decided to celebrate it school-wide from then on.

Severus main rule is "If you do something stupid, call me and I will come get you, no questions asked." (Well in the morning there certainly will be)

Basically, his ideation is a muggle's equivalent to: "I'd rather you do something stupid and have me come get you, than you get behind the wheel in unfit state [i.e. high, drunk, injured, etc.]. Because I'd be more mad if you did that, than whatever you did in the first place." (Bc they don't drive a lot in the wizarding world I imagine)

**I'll probably make a story based on this HC