Remember Me

Blurb Prompts used:

4. "Please don't leave me."

"I have to. I'm sorry. I hope you'll find in in you heart to forgive me sometime."

10. "You're gonna be okay."

"Unfortunately, not this time."

hansika78 - not all of the prompts that you asked for, but I included #4.

A lot of the blurb (#'s) requests were pretty similar!

Warning: Absolute heartbreak (get your tissues)

~•••~

"You son of a bitch!" You scream, picking up a decorative vase from your father's desk.
With a wail of agony, pain, and grief, you throw it across the room and it narrowly misses your father's head by two feet, crashing against the wall instead.

He doesn't so much as flinch when the glass collides with the brick, it crumbling to the floor with a series of sharp breaking sounds.
He refuses to look you in the eye and instead clasps his hands together, his head bowed at an angle. He is standing three feet from the door, you on the other side of the room.
You weep loudly, not caring that you sounded like an infant. Angrily pointing at him, your index finger rigidly straight; "You wouldn't dare." You lowly sneer, shaking your head.

There was no point for Severus to try and explain- he would never get through to you, not with your stubborn and otherwise scarily alike personality.

This wasn't a normal meeting with the dark lord- this wasn't something that he could crisply state without batting an eye. He wanted it to be like that so badly- to be able to resort back to his familiar, numb ways. Where there was no feeling; no regret, no stuttering, no guilt.
"Look at me." You demand, your voice then lowering "I need you to look me in the eye and tell me that this is some sick joke." You whisper, your hand having gone back down to your side.

Severus, regrettably, forces himself to obey your request; what would be one of your last requests of him.
"This is not a joke. And I am terribly sorry it isn't so." He finally says, taking a step forward.

"Don't you fucking come near me." You bark, glaring at him before turning to the side, unable to meet his apologetic gaze.
Pursing his lips together, the man looks at the clock and reads the time.

Three minutes.

Pulling himself together, his strides towards you and you step back. Ignoring your reaction, his hand wraps its way around your bicep, trying to pull you towards him.
"Let me go! Don't you touch me, damnit!" You shout, your voice cracking at the last word.
The last thing you wanted was to be in his arms- because it would assure that everything was okay, when it wasn't! You'd fall into the comfortable daydream that is his arms, only to wake up and realize that it was a waste of time.

"Stop." He harshly mutters, dodging your swinging arms. "Stop it." He mutters into your ear, grabbing a hold of both of your upper arms.
"It's not okay! It's not okay!" You wail, fists raining down on his chest while he stands there and takes the blows.

Unable to keep up the fight, you eventually punch his sternum one last time, before you collapse against him, burying your face into his collarbone.
"It's not fair..." you murmur, mouth wet from the sticky saliva that was caused by the cascade of tears.
"No, it's not." He murmurs in reply, swaying you and him side to side.

"Please don't leave me." You whisper, sniffling against his black clothed chest, tears having fallen silent.

Severus finds himself unable to cry- and yet he wishes that he just fucking could for the first time in his life. He wanted tears to fall from his own eyes, a physical symbol to show you that he was suffering as well.

But once again, the trauma of his old ways had grabbed him by the neck, shoving all feeling away until there was nothing. Not even sadness.

Of course, there was still a tickle of it in the back of his mind- as though it were locked inside of a trunk, banging on the wooden lid to be let out.

"I don't want to go. I really don't. If this is what keeps you safe, then I'd do it." He murmurs against your hair, chin awkwardly resting on the top of your head.

Merlin, how you had grown- it seems as though yesterday you were a puny second year, arms hardly reaching around his cloak. Now, he could barely rest his chin on your head.

"Please stay." You try again, one last time.

Sighing, Severus nearly squeezes the life out of you, one last gesture to keep both of your grips on reality.

"I would do anything for love, but I won't do that." He whispers, pressing a kiss to the side of your temple.

Trying not to cry again, you hesitantly pull away from his embrace.

Severus looks at the clock. Ninety seconds.

"I love you more than life itself, do you understand?" He whispers.

You slowly nod, unable to meet his gaze.

Severus, watching his time run out, puts two fingers under your chin to tilt your gaze back up into his.

"I hope that someday, you can find it in your heart to forgive me." He chokes out, suddenly realizing that he was crying too. His emotions had come back. He was so unfamiliar with them, yet still managed to greet them like you would an old friend.

"I already have." You whimper in reply, knowing that you couldn't let him leave thinking that you resented him.

"You're gonna be okay." You state, nodding your head at him.

He almost wants to lie to you and nod his head yes, soaking up that delusion himself.

But he knows that the tragedy would kill you- having "healed" your aching heart through a broken promise, only for it to come around again and strike you twice as hard.

"No, my dear.. Not this time." He whispers, taking your face in his hands.

You stifle a sob and somehow find yourself nodding along with him.

Severus looks at the clock. Twelve seconds. He turns back to you.

"Forever is a word for memories, not for people." He pauses, "In the end, all we are are stories- memories. You can't lose me as long as I live through you- though your mind and your heart." He presses a firm kiss to your temple, before taking a step back.

"Remember me." Is all he says.

You nod your head with an ugly sob.

And just like that, he apparates- the last remainder of his presence a swirl of black smoke, before it fades into thin air.