Where Is My Mind?...

Summary: You accidentally slip away and an experienced teacher steps in

Warnings: dissociative episode, mention of anxiety

**Dissociative episodes can occur as a result of trauma or anxiety, a state in which your mind drifts away- creating the illusion as though one is looking down at themself, feeling like they are outside of their body, it feels like one is underwater or dreaming. It comes as a response of your mind protecting itself.

Personally, I call it a 'reverse panic/anxiety attack'. Technically, it really is a panic/anxiety attack but what makes it different is that instead of having intense physical symptoms such as increased heartrate, sweating, panting, shaky hands, etc., everything instead shuts off.

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

Where is my mind?

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

Wringing your hands together, you stand at the doors step of 12 Grimmauld Place. You couldn't bring yourself to knock, just yet; as a churning in your gut made you halt.

Some days it was like you were the most extraverted person on the planet, wanting to go everywhere and talk to everyone. But on days like this, with your anxiety running high (usually with no real reason), it put a limit on your social exchanges.

School days, such as today, often left you drained.

It's just one meeting, Y/n. You've been to it before. The Order needs you, just go inside.

You eventually manage to suck in a deep breath, before rapping your knuckles against the thick wood door.

A few beats of silence pass by as you stand there, until someone finally answers the door.

"Hellooo." A Weasley twin had answered the door, greeting you with a mock bow.

You clear your throat and quirk your lips into a tired smile.

"Hello, George." You greet, your hand tightening on your purse as you try to calm your nerves.

The older former student gasps,
"You called me by my first name and you addressed the right twin?" He grins.

"That's enough, Weasley." A monotone voice orders in the background, followed by approaching footsteps.

1. It just happened to be a lucky guess based on some other clues such as his speech 2. Thank Merlin someone rescued me from this exchange.

George's face quickly lowered from its fervent state, as though not agitated.. but rather, disappointed.

His reaction made you feel guilty and you sigh with a low hum.

"It's nice to see you." You murmur to the Weasley twin, pursing your lips together.

George nods his head with a playful wink, before backing away from the door and disappearing down a nearby doorway.

Severus Snape had taken his place in the front doorway, yet far back enough that you could actually enter.

The man immediately scoffed the second the ginger boy had left the room.