An Adolescent Accident

"A-Are you Y/n Y/l/n?" A young Hufflepuff asks, approaching your desk.

"Uhm, yes.. What's up?" You cautiously ask, wondering why a second year student is interrupting your charms lesson.

"Professor McGonagall wants to talk to you. She asked me to fetch you. She wants you to go to the Headmaster's office.." She quietly says, shyly looking away.

You quirk your eyebrow with a tilt of your head, obviously confused (and somewhat concerned) as to why you're being pulled out of class and to the Headmaster's.

You look up at Professor Flitwick who is standing at the teacher's podium, currently reading aloud a chapter.

He looks at you with a nod of his head as a silent nod for permission to go along with the Hufflepuff.

"Uh, oka-" You go to turn to the girl, then realize that she isn't there anymore.

You sigh and quickly shove your papers into your bag, packing up your materials. Quietly rushing out of class, you make your trek to the Headmaster's office.

~

"Oh, there you are, dear." Professor McGonagall says, standing outside of the Headmaster's office.

"I-Is everything alright?" You hesitantly ask, holding your bag tighter.

She slightly grimaces and awkwardly readjusts her glasses that lay upon her nose.

"Something has happened with Professor Snape.." She begins, sighing.

Your eyes immediately snap up to hers, silently urging for her to continue on. The worst ideas come swimming into your mind- the thought of something horrible happening to your favorite teacher deeply frightened you.

She straightens up at your scared look and begins to carry on.

"Oh, he is alright dear, it's just... Something happened with a student and their failed potion... Well, I think it'd be best if I just showed you. Professor Dumbledore is already inside." She exhales, then reaches for the door handle.

You clench your fists tightly, relieved that he isn't injured, but still worried with what could have possibly happened.

She slowly opens the door and walks in first, opening it for you to follow behind.

The door closes with a faint thud and the older woman steps out of the way.

On a soft couch, opposite of where the Headmaster is sat, sits a young boy.

He has shoulder length black hair, a hooked nose, and pale skin. He seems to be about only six or seven.

"Severus. I brought someone to see you." McGonagall says, looking at the boy.

You jaw drops and you look up at the woman, shocked to your core.

"W-What the hell?..." You mutter to yourself, looking at the brown-eyed boy.

McGonagall doesn't even correct your language, but rather nods in agreement with your exasperated exclaim.

"Oh, Minerva, you brought a student. Sweet Merlin." The boy grumbles, looking at you.

So, it was obvious that his mind and memories remained- it seems as though his body was just.. de-aged.

"Dumbledore don't even look at me like that. I am utterly humiliated." The boy says, crossing his arms at the last sentence.