Caught

"Severus, I can't do this any longer." A familiar voice mumurs, muffled by the distance.

"Remus, I surely hope that you are thinking the same thing as I am." A deep voice drawls out.

You halt in your steps and lean against the corner of the empty corridor. It was night and you had just snuck back into Hogwarts after wandering about the edge of the forest.

"Severus.." The same familiar voice whispers. It was definitely Professor Lupin.

You tilt your head in confusion at the weird way he said his name.

You peek around the corner only to see the two of your professors lean into each other's faces with their heads tilted- their lips connecting in a passionate kiss.

You smack your hand to your mouth and force yourself to stop looking. Your professors just kissed.

You just witnessed gay love in action.

"Remus, wait. Somebody is there." Professor Snape mutters.

You tense up at the mention and you get ready to make a run for it. Hearing footsteaps grow closer, you instead choose to turn the corner, attracting the attention of the two men. You try to stay as nonchalant as possible, like you had coincidentally turned this way.

"Miss Y/LN." Professor Snape lowly asks.

It was in Lupin's eyes that held the question, definitely worried if you saw them. His face is slightly pink against the ray of moonlight.

You freeze in your spot at Professor Snape's voice. Simmering in the awkward moment, you force yourself to break the silence.

"S-So sorry- I just remembered that I uh.. I have to go walk my goldfish! Good night, professors!" You rush out, coughing awkwardly.

You quickly walk away from the pair as they watch your figure grow smaller until you're out of sight.

"Now where were we?"