Neighbors!!! (Pt. 2)

(This is not the original song from the movie, but one that was created by real life singers. In the original, a kid sings it and it doesn't sound very good.)

Warnings: This is a darker chapter, contains abuse and violence.

"Y/N GET ME ANOTHER BEER!" My father shouts from the other room.

I turn off the sink in the bathroom and stare at my reflection. How the hell do I live like this? Why did he turn into this person?

I grip the counter and close my eyes, taking a deep breath. The only thing my mind is focused on is how badly I want to get out of here. I open the door and stick my head out through the doorway, looking down the hall.

"Y/N, I AIN'T GONNA ASK AGAIN, GODDAMNI-"

"GET OFF OF YOUR LAZY ASS AND GET IT YOURSELF!" I suddenly shout.

My eyes widen and my mouth drops at my own words. My heart sinks to my stomach and I audibly slap my hand over mouth with a choked gasp.

Oh shit.

Oh fuck..

He is going to be piiiiissed.

I hear the recliner footrest slam down with a loud metallic bang. The chair quickly creaks and I hear his footsteps thunder through the house- albeit, a bit unevenly considering he's already had two drinks.

Oh god I am literally going to die.

"The fuck did you just say to me?" His voice bellows throughout the hallway as his footsteps near the room.

I stand in the hallway and clench my fists, unsure of what to do. Do I run and take the beating in the morning, risking that he'll possibly be even more pissed? Or do I stand there frozen and watch as death himself stalks upon me?

I don't have enough time to think- the decision has been made for me when I feel a harsh yank on my hair. My head is forced back up to look at him.

"You. Fucking. Cunt." He eerily quietly says, his hot breath on me.

I feel a harsh slap on my cheek and my head is whipped to the side. He starts to hit me and kick me all over. The pain is so bad that I can feel my vision going in and out.

I keep my gaze on the muggle clock on the wall of the hallway as he mercilessly drives his foot into my stomach.

8:57pm

Happy thoughts, happy thoughts, Y/n. Find a safe place. Hide in your mind.

I don't know when the hits stop coming, but  it doesn't matter. The damage is done.

Unfortunately I didn't pass out. Not like last time. This time I am simply left abandoned in the hallway, my personal hell. It was my fault. I shouldn't have said it.

As a distraction, my mind flows to a past memory of mine when my dad started his drinking. I oftentimes watched Disney films to remind me of my real home. I think that after my mom died, one really stuck with me. An America Tail. Some lonely mouse child travels to America with nobody to love him.. Maybe it was just the song..

I groan in pain and clutch my stomach, not bothering to get up.

Tears fill my eyes as I begin to hum the song that haunts me..

Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight
Someone's thinking of me and loving me tonight
Somewhere out there someone's saying a prayer
That we'll find one another in that big somewhere out there

It physically hurts to much to cry. Hurts too much to sing. Hurts too much to breathe. Sometimes hurts too much to live.

And even though I know how very far apart we are
It helps to think we might be wishin' on the same bright star
And when the night wind starts to sing a lonesome lullaby
It helps to think we're sleeping underneath the same big sky

Somewhere out there, if love can see us through
Then we'll be together somewhere out there
Out where dreams come true

My voice repeatedly misses the correct notes, caused by my (ugly) crying. Keep going, anything to distract me.

And even though I know how very far apart we are
It helps to think we might be wishin' on the same bright star
And when the night wind starts to sing a lonesome lullaby
It helps to think we're sleeping underneath the same big sky

Somewhere out there, if love can see us through
Then we'll be together somewhere out there
Out where dreams come true