The British Baking Blowout

"I-I.. I can't believe I trusted you!"

"It's not my fault!"

"It totally fucking is- you said you'd be fine if I let you be! Now everything is ruined!"

"Why are you freaking out?- now I'm freaking out! You said that little accidents happen with these things!"

"You're right- BUT WHY THE FUCK DID YOU ADD WATER TO MY HOMEMADE BATCH OF FROSTING?! I was up at six am this morning to get it ready today!!"

You flour-caked hands are balled up in fists of anger, and you use the back of your hand to frustratedly swoop a strand of hair out of your face.

Draco drops the plastic spatula onto the counter with an annoyed and exasperated huff. Little particles of red frosting sprinkle into the air as a rebound from the harsh movement and hit the two of you. You bite your bottom lip as your eye angrily twitches.

I swear to God, I'm about to beat this blonde ferret up.

For someone so good at potions, how could he be this awful at baking?!

You close your eyes for a moment, the late morning sun sleeping through your eyelids, as you take a moment to calm yourself.

After a moment of tense silence, Draco speaks up;

"I'm.. sorry.. I-I just- it- the frosting looked too thick so I wanted to water it down before we had to start frosting cookies."

Now feeling slightly guilty that you flipped your shit on the boy, because of his good intentions, you open your eyes and meet his guilty looking ones.

"I- it's okay, Draco. I'll just whip up another batch. We'll have to have everyone frost their own cookies- because now there is no time to not only make it, but to actually...-" you wave your hand in the air, gesturing to the cookies airing on the counter on some old dish rags.

Now I know why my mom drank so much during the holidays.

Draco nods his head once, his teeth slowly capturing his bottom lip in thought.

"Alright, I help you get stuff out." He says, rapping his knuckles against the counter.

Draco reaches for he ingredients cupboard over the counter you two happened to be working on.

"Here's one thing..." Draco hands you an object and you inwardly face palm.

"Draco, we don't need brown sugar..."

"O-Oh..."

"Mhm."

Draco hands you another object.

"A-Ah, or the Crisc- okay, just let me do it- get out."