A Protector Pt. 3

"..I'm just glad that you're alright." He huffs, staring at the ceiling.

That's how he ends his speech after ripping me a new one.

A moment of silence passes by, the only sound being Professor Snape's light breathing. I awkwardly clear my throat and shift in my seat.

"You did something, didn't you." He rhetorically says, turning his head to narrow his eyes at me. 

"I swear to Merlin you better not have told Min-"

"SEVERUS!" A loud feminine voice shouts as the door flings open.

"Minnie." He grumbles.

"Severus, dear boy! I'm glad you're alright! I cannot believe that you would risk your life for such. Oh, Y/n! How lovely to see you, thank you so much for being there for him- although I admit that I was quite angry to hear about it at first. Were you trying to get yourself killed, child?!!?!" The grey haired woman rants, putting her hands on her hips.

Both Professor Snape and I sink further down into our respective seats, wishing for nothing more than for the earth to swallow us whole.

"But I am glad that you're both alright. Oh, Severus. My sweet boy." She quietly says, a sad look crossing her features.

She sits down at the seat next to his bed and looks at his bandaged wound.

"I'm fine, Minnie." Snape quietly murmurs, though not sounding mean- more reassuring his friend and mother-figure.

Her lips curl downwards as she slowly nods her head. I stand up from my seat and head towards the door.

"I'll give you two some privacy.. I'll be back later." I say with a soft smile.

They both murmur a goodbye and I exit the room, closing the door behind me.

I walk back over to the waiting area and see four familiar faces. Hermione sits in the same seat, Ron sitting next to her, Harry pacing back and forth, and another person... Draco Malfoy. I am surprised to see him here honestly..

The platinum blonde had distanced himself from the other students, putting two chairs between them. The poor kid has bags under his eyes, his suit slightly rumpled, and his perfect hair looking not-so-perfect.

"Hello." I call out.

Harry stops pacing when he sees me walking over and everyone looks over at me.

"Snape's niece, huh?" Harry smirks.

I chuckle and nod my head, standing next to everyone.

There is a slight tension between the golden trio and I, yet at the same time a relaxed atmosphere.

"I never doubted you, just so you know. I remember what you told me not too long ago." Harry speaks up, looking at me.

I nod my head, knowing what he was referencing.

"I'm sorry I couldn't tell you. Including you, Draco." I say, turning my head to the other boy.

He looks up at me and sadly nods his head, not saying anything. He knew that I wasn't the most patriotic when it came to death eaters- but to be fair, neither was he. He knew something was up but refused to comment on it. Thank Merlin.

Word must've spread quickly because there are people around us whispering little things- some silently celebrating and some glaring at the poor young Malfoy.

"Congratulations, by the way. I never doubted you either, Harry. Snape had faith in you as well, even though he wasn't good at showing it. Did you look into the pensieve?" I ask.