THANKS, I'd appreciate it!

You stare at the clock on the kitchen wall of 12 Grimmauld Place. You are truly starting to hate these order meetings. It wasn't that you didn't appreciate the cause, not at all, but coming here after long school day riles you up too much, on top of the preexisting anxiety.

You tap your foot and imagine yourself on a cool beach, trying to create a peaceful scenery in your mind. Unfortunately you can't just make a run for it. 1. They'll look at you like you're crazy 2. You won't get the reward your Dad bribed you with to go here.

You internally groan in frustration, just wanting the meeting over so you can go watch The Little Mermaid and cuddle with your one safe person.

"Y/n, you keep bouncing your leg like that any more and it might just fall off." Sirius teases, breaking your thoughts.

You awkwardly chuckle and readjust yourself in your seat, ignoring the pounding of your heart.

George then made a comment that you were certain it was a joke, based on the laughing people surrounding you, but you didn't really get it- it just didn't seem super funny nor make a whole lot of sense.

Maybe I'm the weird one.

Hermione, knowing somewhat of the way your brain works, turns to you with a sympathetic expression.

I just want to go home.

"What's the matter, Y/n? Why so uptight, huh?" You turn to the voice of Sirius and notice him frowning at you.

"I-." You thickly swallow and lean back in your seat, feeling like everyone has their gazes on you when they likely didn't.

"I'd appreciate it if you could stop antagonizing my daughter." A new voice speaks up, a warm presence felt at your side.

A hand gently rests on your bicep and you turn to look up at your father, noticing how intently he was making eye contact with Black.

"I..." Sirius seems to shortcircuit, blinking a numerous amount of times.

"..W-We didn't know..." Fred whispers, making eye contact with his twin out of the corner of his eye.

Fred hadn't done anything wrong, at least nothing more than he would do or say to any other person, but still paled at the thought that he may have been treating the potions professor's (secret) kid wrongly.

"Go get your coat, Y/n." Severus breaks the silence, looking down at your tired face.

You nod your head and stand up, the man stepping to the side to let you pass him.

As soon as he sees you exit the room, the man rests his forearms on the back of the chair you had previously been occupying.

"Let. Me. Be clear..." The professor annunciates, making eye contact with each person at the table individually, including the adults as well as the students.

"I do not want to hear any complaints, worries, or so much as a whisper of negative air leave that child's mouth about any. of you.... Should I find this occuring, I will hunt you down individually until I find the culprit." The man pauses, slowing on every other word.

"If you ever wish to speak again, I highly suggest that you don't mention our relationship outside of this establishment, for reasons that I need not share with you all." Severus digs his nails into the wood backing of the chair, his expression remaining that of his neutral one.

"Am. I. Clear?" The man ends his sentence with his eyes landing on Sirius.

One by one, each person nods.

Molly and Arthur were naturally unaffected by the younger man's words and actions, but this time they found themselves nodding in agreement.

Children first, no matter your differences.

"Good. Night." The man mutters, turning around and walking through the doorway to see you waiting for him.

You link your arm through his and lean your head against his shoulder.

"Can we watch The Little Mermaid now?" You quietly ask.

"Absolutely, we can."