Pick Your Poison

_Half_bloodprince_ here you go, love! Hope you like it and it provides some sort of comfort.

*Warning: Mention of death & nightmares

~•••~

The unforgivable curses. Why are they unforgivable?. . It is not about the obvious reasons like how torture and mind control is wrong. But death?

Avada Kedavra is the name of the killing curse. Mutter that single incantation, and you'll have crime written on your hands.

But is it that extreme? Because once you mutter the spell, there is no pain. It's quick and simple.

You haven't ever been hit with a killing curse- nor the other unforgivable curses.

But sometimes it felt like you did.

Imperio- your mind turns off and your body begins to move on its own. Muscle memory is the only way you continue to survive. Go to class. Numb. Take a seat. Numb. Go to lunch. Numb. Bring the spoon up to your mouth. Nothing.

Following the entire regime, while feeling nothing- like you had been put under someone else's control.

Crucio- the needles stab at your brain, keeping you awake at night. The way your gut twists, preventing you from keeping your food down. Constant migraines from the loss of sleep. But worst of all- the pain in your heart. Not literal of course.

And not to sound like Shakespeare, but your heart was in constant agony at the memory of losing him. Like Voldemort himself had thrust his hand in your chest, pulling on your heartstrings while forcing you to relive the worst moment of your life.

And lastly,

Avada Kedavra- the killing curse. Long story short, the day he died, a small part of you died with him.

~•••~

One month ago

"And we have our contestants, ready to take the plunge! Introducing first, we have Harry Potter from Hogwarts!" An eruption of applauses ring out at the name. You could almost hear Snape role his eyes at the mention of the boy's name.

"Next, we're introducing Fleur Delacour, from Beaxbatons!" Applause is heard once more, before silence again.

"Y/n Y/L/N from Hogwarts!" You spin in circles, waving to all who cheer you on. Snape smirks at your dramatic behavior, slowly clapping his hands together in a sarcastic manner.

Before the clapping comes to a halt, you look over to your cousin, Max, who also happened to be a Goblet of Fire participant.
Except, he was from Durmstrang.

Facing your cousin who had been glaring at you,

"I'm" you point to yourself , "gonna kick" you swing your foot, "your ass" you mouth to Max.

Max scoffs and shakes his head, pretending to be insulted when he knew you were just egging him on. You two were very competitive, to say the least.

When you were little, you two got into all sorts of catastrophes with one another. You played very dirty; pushing each other off of your brooms when training in your backyard, flipping chess boards when losing to the other, you even broke your leg while playing football with him- he fucking pulled the 'Karate Kid' move on you by literally sweeping your leg. Who the fuck actually does that?... Apparently not just Johnny Lawrence- Max Y/L/N too.