The Dinner Party

Severus Snape did not want to be here, and yet here he was. Standing in the corner of the kitchen in Grimmauld Place, resisting the urge to bang his head against the thin plaster wall until it cracks. Cracking his head or the wall itself- whatever got him out faster.

Although Dumbledore couldn't enforce some rule for him to be there, he'd never hear the end of it. Not to mention, most of the Weasley kids had made bets on if he'd stay or not. He despised the ginger worms, so he felt the need to prove them wrong. Well, most of them- only one had bet that he would stay. Y/n Weasley.

A fifth year student at Hogwarts- the total black sheep of her family. Despite honing some similarities between her siblings, she was sorted into Ravenclaw.

House prejudices were unfortunately common at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry. God have mercy if it happened directly in a family. It was only then that he could slightly pity her.

But mentioned before, there was a reason why she was sorted into Ravenclaw. She was more reserved and less impulsive than her fellow twin, Ron Weasley. Despite having shared a womb with her brother, they could have been total opposites.

Since her first year, any time she was in class, she'd be doodling away in her notebook. In the beginning, Severus had fought to resist the urge of hitting her over the back of the head with a book- a frustration to her being distracted with doodling away. In a short span of time, the feeling eventually went away as he discovered that she was probably the least of his concern- she could multitask in such ways that her pea-sized brained twin couldn't even begin to comprehend. She probably got that from her mother.

"Oi, Snivellous, looking a little sad in the corner all alone?" Sirius Black's deep, yet annoyingly shrill voice brought the man out of his thoughts.

"He's not alone, actually." You say, taking a quick step into the room, as though you had been there the whole time.

"Keep your eyes open, Black. You might actually learn how to count the number of people around you. Though, I'm gonna go ahead and assume that you've needed to brush up on that skill- considering the only thing you've seen for the past twelve years was dementors and your left hand?" You continue in a dead-pan tone, leaning against the doorway.

Severus has to hide his gaping smirk behind his mug of chamomile tea, his onyx-brown eyes dancing with amusement at the man you had just insulted.

Another thing that Severus came to know about you in your later years, was your crippling sense of humor and witty comebacks. Not even he could out beat you. So there's that. . .

Remus had choked on his wine as Tonks slowly slid out from the room, your mom's expression was a mixture of shock and embarrassment, and your older twin brothers tried to stiffle their laughter by turning their heads to the ground, pretending to clear their throats.

The look on Sirius' face was undescribable. A bright red like you and your family's hair, so angry he could blast the roof off with his voice, yet embarrassed like he wanted to crawl into a hole and die.

"I-I... pshh.. G.." The man stumbles over his words, clutching his wine glass so tightly it may break. Instead, he sets it down and hurries out of the room.

The room was dead silent, your mother was so angry and your father was trying so hard to take it seriously. But he just couldn't find it in himself to be angry. As much as he liked Sirius, there was a part of him that disliked his attitude and occasional behavior. Not to mention your dad's disapproval of him ganging up on an old classmate like a petty schoolboy.

A voice clears their throat, "Sorry I'm late. I suppose I am just in time for pudding?"

Dumbledore.