I'd Do It All Over Again

~•••~

"If anyone has any knowledge of Mr. Potter's movements this evening... I invite them to step forward...... Now."

Professor Snape was only a few feet from where you where standing and even then, it was hard to decipher the meaning behind his flat gaze. His eyes slowly trail across the rows of students, all who keep their heads tilted to the ground.

He knew that the majority of the group he was currently laying eyes upon knew the location of the wanted Gryffindor.

If he truly wanted the answer in the first place, he would have just turned to you. He had been a bit more distant lately, no doubt due to the busy duties he had been assigned as Headmaster and a double spy.

The Carrows always humoured you. So devilishly malevolent, feeding off of other's fear- fueling their lust for power and control. The reason it being so humourous, and to only you (possibly also Snape) is because they had no idea who their Headmaster was or what he was hiding.

All students keep their gazes to the ground (yours included, as to not draw any suspicion to you being unaffected by the man's intimidating behavior).

Then in the background, an urgent shuffling of footsteps is heard.

Gasps of surprise echo out in the large hall, flowing throughout the entire room and people begin to whisper.

Harry Potter steps forward,

"It seems, despite your exhaustive defense strategies- you still have a security problem, Headmaster."

Wood creaks and the order is revealed to have been waiting on the other side of the doors to the grand hall.

The look on Professor Snape's face when Harry stepped forwards was as clear as day, yet still unmistakably coded.

It was like a deer in headlights, or the realization that your plan had been comprised. In a way, it really had been.

"...And I'm afraid it's quite extensive." The order steps through the doors and you clutch your wand, slowly moving past a few students until you're the student in the corner of the lineup- closest to Snape.

You truly did not want to hurt any members of the order- as they are good people. But being the only one fully trusted on both sides makes you a black sheep. It was only a matter of time before you had to pick a side.

Severus Snape, or them.

Upsettingly enough.... They are both on the same side.

"How dare you stand where he stood?"

Oh great, Potter just had to ruin everything with cheesy one-liners. For godsake, Potter, Dumbledore stood in every goddamn inch of this castle. He outlived the majority of the cobwebs in this building.

Snape visibly halted, waiting for the Gryffindor student to finish his spiel. Annoyance with a hint of turmoil- confliction, like he wanted to say or do something.

Instead,

Snape kept his face nonchalant, until Harry had uttered out his last word.