A Protector Pt. 2

Chloeelouise02  Here is the part two!

"I knew that she wasn't somebody to be trusted. She's just like the others." Hermione whispers.

"But then why did she humiliate Draco in front of the entire school those years ago? Defended you by banning the 'm' word?" Harry harshly whispers back.

"She's gotten the mark to prove it. I've seen it. She flaunts it around like it's a badge of honor." Hermione spits.

"Something just isn't right..." Harry sighs, shaking his head.

"What's going on, Granger?" I ask as I walk over to the group, narrowing my eyes.

"Nothing." She nonchalantly says.

I lean down into her face and tilt my head.

"Are you positive?" I whisper.

"I can't believe you!" She finally yells.

A few people lift up their heads and look towards to commotion. I send threatening glares towards them, making them look away. 

"You are a death eater! In a time like this! It seems like only yesterday you were defending me from Malfoy, refusing to call me a mudblood... That mark you wear is a symbol of genocide for muggles!" Hermione says, lowering her voice as tears fill her eyes.

I don't say anything and keep my face expressionless, afraid I might crack.

"I haven't done anything to you, Granger." I state.

"But still! That mark you flaunt- it's just as bad." She says, her voice cracking.

"I thought you were different." She whispers, then walks away.

Ron Weasley, the redhead, reluctantly follows her, leaving Harry Potter standing behind.

He has a disappointed look on his face, but I refuse to show emotion.

"Potter." I state firmly.

He looks at me.

"My house may represent a snake. But that does not mean I bite." I say, before walking off.

Something flashes in Harry's head after you storm off. He stands there, reminiscing of a memory of only the year before.. He wasn't thinking of what you quoted the year prior, but rather what you said after that.

"Looks are deceiving. Lies can be told. Don't believe everything you hear. For such a hearty Gryffindor, you'd think you wouldn't make such accusations and assumptions about someone you've never met. Not everyone is out to get you, Potter."

Harry stands there, repeating those lines in his head over and over again. There was definitely something off about the whole situation. Sure, you could've lying. You could've been cruel deep down. The entire situation just seems.. off

That night...

"...She would, given her way, have us.. mate..with them." Voldemort drawls out with an unreadable expression on his face.

A chorus of gags, chuckles, and sounds of displeasure echo throughout the long table.

"To her the mixture of magical and muggle blood is not an abomination.. but something to be encouraged.." The dark lord carries on.

"S-S-Severus p-please, we're friends..." She manages to squeak out, amidst her pain.

Snape looks at the woman whose face is contorted in agony, slow tears falling from her eyes.