King's Cross Station

"..You have your mother's eyes.." Were Severus Snape's last words before he succumbed to his injuries.

The last thing he saw was Harry Potter's eyes as he faded into the darkness.

---

After the darkness, Severus saw a light.

Was it the gates of heaven? The fires of hell? The professor thought to himself.

He feels his neck to find that there are no wounds or lacerations like his final moments on earth. It was as if he were good as new.

The bright light shines brighter and brighter until the man in black is forced to close his eyes. Then, the light dims back down after a quick moment.

When Severus opens his eyes- a familiar place greets him.

King's Cross Station.

He remembers the countless memories from this place as he had been here many times before. But this looks slightly different.. The room had an ethereal glow to it- as it it was repainted by an angel. Everything had an aura of white light growing around, giving it the illusion that this was some sort of dream.

Did he actually die? Is he just delirious from blood loss? Is this a dream?

"This is not a dream, Professor Snape." A voice calls out from behind him.

He turns around and looks at the figure, but lowers his gaze a bit. He sees a shorter girl standing. She looks eerily familiar.

"So we meet again.. Not in the way I hoped, but I'll take it." You say with a small smile.

"Who are yo- Miss Y/l/n?" He cuts himself off.

"The one and only." You softly reply, clasping your hands behind your back.

Severus is taken back into a memory from two years ago and you watch him as the gears in his brain turn.

Flashback - 3rd POV

"Hello, Albus." You say, appearing in thin air behind the man in his office.

The Headmaster flinches and stops what he is doing.

"...Y/n?..." The Headmaster asks in his aged voice as he turns around.

"Oh dear, it has been so long!" He says with a sad smile.

"It really has. I'm sorry I had to leave. But it was necessary." You frown, your hands clasped together in front of you.

You walk over to him as he opens his arms, embracing you. You hug him and smile softly against him.

"How long has it been? Centuries? It looks like it has been." You tease, pulling away from the hug.

"Ha ha, very funny." He says, pursing his lips together to hide his grin.

"Not everyone is a celestial being who doesn't physically age, Y/n." He says, shaking a finger at you.

With a smile, you hum in acknowledgement and look around his office.

It has remained mostly the same through the many decades that you had been here. Your job was a guardian. Not necessarily an angel, but pretty close. Your job is to blend in and be a silent protector- either protecting them, saving them, or even preventing certain events from occuring.  Once your job is complete, you switch to the next person in need. You were there for your friend during the battle with Gellert Grindelwald. Even he didn't know that that was your role- not until you jumped out last minute and saved his life.