S.S x Chloe (pt. 2)

It's been a week since Chloe's first week at school and she hasn't received a single letter from her uncle (not that its a bad thing).

She is currently seated in the Great Hall once again for breakfast.

Various types of owls swoop in around the large room, dropping packages and letters to homesick students. Some letters containing love-filled comments and others.. not so much..

Poor Ronald Weasley received a howler from his mother a few days ago. Chloe remembers his face turning as red as his hair due to the embarrassment. She shudders at the thought of being sent one of those horrid messages.

Unexpectedly, an owls swoops in a few feet above the girl's head and elegantly drops a letter in front of her.

Chloe picks up the letter that is facing upside down and flips it around so she can see who it's from.

Uncle Ed.

Her face drops at his name.

Memories of the past summer's events flash through her mind, making her hands shake.

She slowly peels the letter open, biting down on her lip.

Chloe,

I hope all is going well at Hogwarts. I have no doubt that your grades are doing fine so far, you're a good girl.

If you want to continue to be a good girl, don't even think about telling anyone what has happened over the summer. That stays between you and I, our little secret. If you don't obey me, there will be consequences next time I see you.

- Uncle Ed

Her hands drop the letter just in time for it to disintegrate on its own. Her face is slightly pale as her heart races. That pet name makes her want to vomit.

Chloe does her best to not make a scene, but with her anxiety creeping up on her, it's hard to contain her rising emotions.

To keep herself from crying, she bites down on her lip- she doesn't even realize how hard she's doing it until she has a metallic taste in her mouth.

Chloe quickly races out of the Great Hall and makes a sprint to Myrtle's bathroom where she knows it'll be empty.

Her thoughts are clogging up her mind and tears making her vision cloudy.

Before she realizes it, she hits a tall figure and falls to the ground with an "oomph" sound escaping her mouth.

The unexpected collision snaps her back into reality.

"Miss Thomas, I suggest you watch where you're going, unless you would like to receive a detention in the first week of school." A deep voice drawls out.

Chloe is still seated on the ground, although the figure she bumped into never fell. She looks up to who is talking to her and sees that it is Professor Snape.

"I-I'm so sorry, sir. I was just in a rush. I-I didn't see you." Chloe stammers, blinking rapidly to hide her tears threatening to fall.

He simply huffs and rolls his eyes, and then extends his hand.

Chloe's eyes widen for a split second, in fear, jumping at the sudden movement.

She sees the man look down at her in confusion, obviously wondering why the hell this poor girl acted like he just pulled a knife on her.

"Miss Thomas, I am only going to have my hand out for so long, so I suggest you take it so I can help you up- unless you are comfortable on the floor." He says sarcastically, ignoring her initial reaction.