Towers and Troubles

idgafabturmama

Thank you for your request! I know that this story will turn out to be a bit different than you probably had expected (honestly, for me personally, dry humor fixes almost everything). There's a possibility that I'll be creating a PT.2 to this story, but just let me know. I also have one in the process right now that's a big more angsty.

I figured that I should at least post something for you to read.

**Sorry I haven't posted in a little while. I've been quite busy. My grandpa passed away two days before Christmas and it's been pretty hectic. Funeral's next week so from now and until then, posting will be pretty inconsistent**

Warning: Suicide, depression, swearing, & Snape's dry humor

(I'm gonna post a song at the top. I know, I'm an evil bitch. . But so is Freddie Mercury for writing it. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯)

<><><><><><><>

It is your first year back at Hogwarts since the rebuilding of the castle.

Professor, now Headmaster, McGonagall decided to carry on with the next school year after summer break instead of waiting an entire year. It was a hard choice- not because of the reconstruction of the school, but because of the mental and physical toll it took on so many people- specifically students and teachers. Even some of the parents.

You had come back to finish your seventh year at Hogwarts. Some part of you thought that it might help you heal- school would give you a normal day-to-day routine to follow, keeping you from being alone with your thoughts for too long..

But obviously, that hadn't worked.

That's why you are currently standing on the railing of the Astronomy tower, looking over the edge.

You had fought for so long but unlike the wizarding war a few months ago- the evil inside of your mind is winning.

Anytime you walked down the corridors you blinked and you could vividly imagine the gruesome bodies of your classmates sprawled on the floor. Even your boyfriend, Fred.

Frederick Weasley.

You had never experienced such pain before. You had fought with depression in the past, you broke your arm in three different places during your second year, and you even lost your dad during third year.

But nothing had hurt you as much as your broken heart. You two talked of getting married in he future. Seeing George hovering over his twin's body is a sight you could never get out of your head. Sometimes before you fell asleep at night, you could still hear Molly's agonized screams.

There was no light left. The 'good' side may have won.. But at what cost? There is no winning without loss.

As the days dragged on, you attended classes as a mindless zombie. The war never ended for you.

Dumbledore once said;

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light".

Fred was your light. But now your light is gone. There is only dark..

You continue to look at the scene below you.. The distance from the top of the tower to the ground seemed to grow. It was like one of those optical illusions in dreams where you keep trying to run down the corridor, only for the hall to keep getting longer and longer.