A Protector (Slytherin R!)

**Reader is a fifth year Slytherin (one year older than the trio)- but has the justice of a Hufflepuff, heart of a Gryffindor, wisdom of a Ravenclaw, but most of all- the intimidating, sly, clever, and quick-witted traits of a Slytherin.

Slytherin or not, it didn't matter. When the sorting hat screamed out "Slytherin!", you literally couldn't have cared less.

Everyone had a bit of each house in them, whether they liked it or not. Being a Slytherin obviously gave you an advantage.

Snape may not have liked all of your traits, but deep down he respected you for it. He was a Slytherin and was well aware that many of those who are a part of that house often forget that they are their own people and only live up to their "Slytherin expectations". He found you a bit annoying at times, but still held a sliver of admiration and only taunted you once in a great while.

But going back to what was mentioned before- your other traits. You had a knack for voicing your own opinions, even if the people of your own house didn't like it. Professor McGonagall loved you for it. She's always claimed that she's never favored a student, let alone a student not even from her own house.

She still smirked to herself everytime she heard you berating a student in the halls for their "raging, imbecile-like stupidity".

The trio was very unsure of you when they first met you. Not only were you a year older than them, you were a Slytherin...

Flashback to the year prior

So when the trio was walking down the hall one day, Ron and Harry were having a petty argument. The two boys began playfully shoving each other as Hermione was scolding the two (at the time) third years.

Hermione was a few steps behind her friends as they tugged back in forth in front of her.

"Harry! Ronald! Cut it out, you fools! I swear, if you-" She starts to say as their bodies turn the corner.

*Crash!*

And down goes Harry, the young witch thought to herself. She needn't seen the collision to know that it was Harry.

She had thought that the boy was tripped by his own foot, but that was until she rounded the corner to find another person standing there.

Your POV

I stroll down the hall, the very few others that were there look away from me as I stroll past them.

I reach the end of the hall and begin to turn, when I hear

"Harry! Ronald! Cut it out, you fools! I swear, if you-"

*Wham!*

A kid with glasses bumps into me, dropping both of his books as he stumbles.

He falls to the ground, landing on his knees. He hesitantly looks up at me after catching his breath. I look him up in down, seeing his lighting scar on his forehead and his red scarf.

Harry Potter.

He visibly gulps when he sees who he ran into. His red headed friend's eyes widen and a girl with bushy brown hair rounds the corner.

"You should be more careful with where you are going." I flatly state, narrowing my eyes ever so slightly at the three students. Only Potter keeps his eyes on me, I don't know if it was an effort to intimidate me or if he was too scared to look away.

I clench my jaw and straighten out my collar. With a sigh I crouch down and kneel next to the boy.

He freezes and the three of them watch my every move. I internally smirk. Usually I don't always get a thrill of scaring others, but for some reason I was genuinely getting a kick out of these young Gryffindors. They've definitely heard the stories about me.