Flustered (Luna x Reader)

"You're staring." A deep voice drawls out.

I yelp and jump in surprise, whipping my head to the side.

"Bloody hell, Professor! You shouldn't sneak up on people like that!" I scold, my heart still beating rapidly.

He turns his head to me and smirks, hands clasped behind his back.

It was the middle of a Hufflepuff-Ravenclaw Quidditch game and I was sat on the end spot of the bleachers. I was glancing *not staring* at a familiar blonde Ravenclaw.

"Still." He murmurs.

"I was not staring... Simply.. admiring the view..." I shrug.

"I can tell you like her a lot, Miss Y/n.. In case you forgot, Hogsmeade is this Saturday.." He says, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh yeah?..." I hum.

"You know what I am implying." He states knowingly.

"Since when do you care about a student's love life?" I ask, turning to him with a smirk.

He scoffs and shakes his head.

"I am simply offering advice to a pupil of mine.. Not to mention that you have been 'admiring the view' for quite a while now and it is getting creepy." The man states, pursing his lips together.

It is now my turn to scoff as I shake my head. He takes a seat next to me on the bleachers and readjusts his black cloak.

"Either way, it doesn't matter... How do I even know if she likes me?.. How do I know if she.." I trial off, looking away. 

"If she is attracted to women." He finishes, looking at the field as the students on their brooms whizz by.

I nod my head and look into my lap, fiddling with my fingers.

"I think you need to trust your instincts, Miss Y/l/n. You never know what you might discover... And just like how I noticed you looking at her, I am very observant in general.. I believe that the feelings are not one sided." The man shrugs.

"What do you mean?" I suddenly ask, looking at the man.

He nearly chuckles at my eagerness.

"Well, let's see... Miss Lovegood has had her eyes trained on you during mealtime in the great hall for quite awhile... She spends time with you more than anybody else and.. the most obvious one.. Yesterday, during class, I presume you remember when you and her partnered up to brew a potion?" He asks.

"Yes, I remember.. What does that have to do with it?.." I ask, tilting my head.

"It wasn't the partnership, per say.. But I instructed her to use a certain ingredient and when you handed her said item, your fingers brushed.. Had you not looked away so quickly and back down to your book, you would have noticed a blush coating her cheeks." He says, keeping his eyes trained on the field.

I gasp and hit his upper arm.

"You're lying... Oh gosh.." I say in shock.

"I am serious.." He says, his lips curling slightly upwards.

I feel my cheeks grow red and I look away from him.

"If you have any trust in me whatsoever, I'd take that chance.." He nonchalantly states.

"You're a hundred percent certai-"

"For the love of- yes, I am certain! Only a blundering fool would be so blind as to not see it. This morning when I passed Granger and Potter in the halls I overheard the two discussing the damned topic." He hisses, interrupting me.

I awkwardly chuckle and rub the back of my neck. Luna still sits there on the bleachers a few rows down, continuing to watch the game in a peaceful silence.

As if she feels my gaze, she all of a sudden turns around. She softly smiles and waves.

"Hello, Y/n. Oh, hello to you as well, Professor Snape." The girl calls out in her soft dainty voice.

"Hi Luna!" I say, smiling.

"Miss Lovegood." The professor next to me politely nods in her direction.

She picks up her stuff and walks up a few steps. My face drops as I expect her to leave and I look away, trying to hide my disappointment.

Snape then nudges me with his foot, gesturing his head to the side. I look over and see Luna take another step closer to us.

"May, I sit here, Y/n?" She politely asks with a tilt of her head.

I happily nod and the professor and I scoot over, making room for the Ravenclaw.

"It is awfully nice out here today.. I'm glad that I saw you.. I've been meaning to ask you something." I hesitantly say.

Professor Snape takes this as his cue to leave and stands up, swinging his leg over the bleacher. He leaves the arena with his cloak billowing behind him. Now I'm kinda scared because my one wingman just left me.

"Y/n? Are you alright?" Luna softly asks, taking my hand in hers.

I try not to explode at the contact and I feel the heat rush to my cheeks. I gingerly nod my head with a dopey smile.

"I-I uhm.. I was wondering if, if maybe you wanted to go to Hogsmeade with me this weekend?" I stutter out, not meeting her gaze.

"We usually do.." She trails off in confusion.

"Oh.. Are you asking me on a date?.." She asks after a pause.

"..Y-Yes- but w-we can just go as friends that's okay too, whatever you-"

"I'd love to, Y/n. I was actually hoping to see you as I wished to ask the same thing.. I suppose you beat me to it." She smiles.

"That sounds great, Luna." I smile, my eyes wrinkling.

She stands up and smooths out her skirt, grabbing her two books along with her Quibbler magazine.

Before she leaves, she surprises me once again.

She leans down and presses a light kiss to my cheek, my smile widening even more.

"I can't wait to see you there tomorrow. Goodbye." She heartily says, then walking off.

I touch the spot where she kissed me and I grin like a child who had just gotten their first broom.

The next day..

"You have a beautiful smile, Luna." I say, my confidence having somehow grown.

"Thank you, Y/n. Your eyes are stunning." She compliments back, sipping her Butter beer.

Severus Snape watches from across the pub as the two students interact, happy to see you enjoying yourself.

"I can't believe it.." Minerva sighs, straightening her glasses that rest on her nose.

The Headmaster chuckles and watches you and Luna converse with lovestruck eyes.

"Pay up, Minnie." Dumbledore says, gesturing to Snape.

She huffs and grumbles under her breath before reaching into the pocket of her robe.

Snape takes the galleons from his colleague with a smug smirk.