The funeral

"Today we acknowledge... a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was, as you all know... exceptionally hard working... infinitely fair minded... and, most importantly... a fierce, fierce friend. Now, I think, therefor, you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see... Cedric Diggory was murdered... by Lord Voldemort! The ministry of magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so, I think, would be an insult to his memory. Now, the pain... we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me... and reminds us... that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues... our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events... the bonds of friendship we've made this year will be more important then ever. Remember that, and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain. You remember that... and we'll celebrate a boy who was... kind and honest... and brave and true, right to the very end." Dumbledore speaks in the Great Hall as every single person in Hogwarts stands to listen. Everybody came to mourn the boy.

I walk to the common room after being with Ella all day, helping her to get through this. It's the middle of the night, and I want some quiet now.

But, when I go down the stairs, I spot Neville staring out the window.

"Can't sleep?" I question.

He turns his head to look at me. "Ye- yeah." He mumbles.

"Are you okay?" I sit down on one of the sofas.

"Ye- yes." He continues to look at the window.

"You can talk to me, if you want to." I suggest.

He sighs, "The person- the person that pretended to be Moody, Barty Crouch Junior. He was one of the people to torture my parents." He states.

"Your parents? What happened to them?" I ask.

"They were tortured into insanity by a few Death Eaters. I never really got to have them as parents. They don't even recognize me." His voice slightly breaks.

"I'm so sorry, Neville."