Stupid

Alice's pov

The ball is an hour away now.
I just finished painting on my makeup, I did a pretty simple makeup look to match the dress Narcissa picked for me, it's not really my style but Narcissa said it's the most appropriate dress for this event.

I am wearing regular base makeup with a very light amount of blush. My eyes have a black liner to them, the inner corners of them have a light touch of purple eyeshadow, and the water line of my eyes, and a bit beneath it, has silver sparkly eyeshadow.

I put on my underskirt, corset and stockings since Narcissa said it was necessary. I struggle to tie up the corset.

"Why is this shit not working!?" I shrug to myself.

"Alice! Are you there?" I hear Theo's voice from out the door.

"Yes, I am! But," I shrug again, annoyed with the corset, "just a minute!"  I keep on trying to tie the corset up. I huff and puff and groan as I do, trying to reach my bloody back.

"Goddam-it!" I say to myself.

"Are you okay there?" He asks from beyond the door.

"Just fine." I shrug.

"Do you need help?" He questions.

I stop trying and just walk to the door. "Yes please." I open the door, my big eyes immediately meeting his.

"Hey, a man isn't supposed to see a lady in her undergarments." He puts his hands to his eyes, slamming them shut.

I scoff, "Stop it and just come in." I drag him by his arm.

"So, what do you need?" He asks.

"My stupid hands can't reach my stupid back so I could tie up my stupid corset so I will be able to wear my stupid dress for the stupid ball!" I complain while he chuckles, "Theadore Nott, are you laughing at my frustrations?" I warn him with my tone of voice.

"No," he giggles, "it's just that there was a lot of stupid in that sentence, wasn't there?" I roll my eyes and sit down on my bed.

"Well, now there is also a lot of stupid in my room, isn't there?" I scoff.

"Calm down. You shouldn't be so stressed." He tells me.

"How can you blame me? This is nerve racking. Not all of us have been to countless of balls before."

He sits down on the bed beside me, "But you were in a ball." He squints his eyes.

"When exactly?" I ask him.

"When we were about five. I remember seeing you at the ball."

I sigh and stand up. "Yes, Theo, you did see me; behind a cell; I'm the dungeons. You were at the ball. My mother and I were prisoners." I look at myself in the mirror, nervously fixing my makeup and hair.

"Oh, that's right." A stupid bloody smile comes up his face.

"Stop it." I look at him seriously.

"Stop what?" He raises a questioning brow.

"Your smile. It's stupid." I frown at him.

"Word of the day." He jokes.

I death stare him and continue on looking at mirror.
"Don't be so nervous, come here." He gestures me to stand in front of the bed. I do as I'm told and walk over there, my back facing Theo.

"Now, corsets aren't a nice thing. It's one of the many advantages of being a man not having to wear them. I'm gonna pull the strings, tell me if it's too much." He warns.

"How will I know if it's too much?" I ask.

"Practically... when you can't breath is almost the limit." My mouth slightly opens as I look back at him. "I told you, men definitely have the advantage in formal wear." He winks at me and I turn my face back around to face the bed.

"Now, lean your hand on the bed." He instructs me.

"It seems like you've done this before, Nott." I get ready for him to begin pulling.

"You might be right at that, Jones." He cockily replies.

"Who's the lucky girl?" I ask. I can feel him grabbing the strings.

"That would be my mother." He pulls the strings harshly and tight it up, my breath hitches.

I walk over to the walk in closet that is to his back.
He doesn't turn around as I put on my dress.

The dress is a long bell sleeved purple dress that reaches the ground. The details of it are incredible. The skirt is made of two layers: the under layer is a white skirt with light purple detailing, the upper skirt is a dark purple like the rest of the dress. It opens in the middle where you can see the first layer of it, it has 2 black strings that go around the dress where the opening is, right where the opening is there are two metal skulls the attach the strings to the skirt.

Where the top half connects to the skirt there are corset detailings in black strings that fall upon the skirt. The chest of the dress is in the same white silvery color that the bottom layer of the skirt is in, while the rest is in the same purple color of the upper layer. The shoulders are slightly puffy and connect to thin hands until the elbows where the fabric begins to loosen, creating a bell sleeve, and of course, there is a hood.
Even though the dress isn't really me, it is quite beautiful.

I put on the earrings Theo bought for me as I stare into the mirror.

As Theo turns around his eyes widen, and a small grin gets plastered on his face.

"So... what do you think?" I ask, twirling around.

"You look absolutely beautiful, princess." He walks over to me, standing behind me as we create eye contact through the mirror.

He stands behind me and moves my hair aside, grabbing the necklace, he lays it around my neck.
He turns me around, his hands on my shoulders. "You look just perfect."

———————————————————————————

Hi<3
I really hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Here is the dress I tried to describe, hopefully I did it well enough.

And here is sort of what the makeup is, it's the best picture I could find to describe what I was thinking:

I'll post the next chapter in a few days❤️