Should friend look at each other the way we do?

Theo's pov

We're sitting in the great hall.

Enzo is sitting beside me, Mattheo across from me, Tom next to him, and Malfoy to my other side.

But, I haven't really been eating.

I'm just staring at my food, I'm not too hungry.

I lift up my eyes from the table as I feel someone staring at me.

I see Alice smiling at me from the Gryffindor table.
Her smile is absolutely beautiful. It makes me happy, seeing her smile.

Her smile is warm and happy, happy for me; to see me.

I could look at her forever.

"Your girlfriend stares at you again." Enzo snickers.

"For the last time we're not- she's not my-" I begin talking, but I continue looking at her, and I loose trace of thought, "shit, she's stunning..." I smile at her. We both just stare at each other, smiling.

"Would be easier to believe you if you didn't stutter." Enzo continues talking.

Finally, I break eye contact with Alice to look at the idiot.

"Oh, shut up, Berkshire." I half yell without noticing.

"Well, If you don't want her, maybe I can ask her out." Malfoy speaks up. I'll bloody kill him for this.

"You touch her, you die." I threaten him.

Malfoy rolls his eyes.

"Protective boyfriend alert." Mattheo jokes. I death stare all of them.

I turn my head back to Alice and smile at her.

She waves her hand at me and gives me one last smile before turning her attention back to Potter and his friends.

I sigh as she looks away. When we look into each other's eyes, I can't help but wonder; should friends look at each other the way we do?

"I'm gonna go talk to her." I get up from the table and walk towards her. I grab her hand and pull her aside.

"Good morning, princess." I kiss her on the forehead.

"Good morning." She replies.

"Do you perhaps want to hang out after classes?" I ask her. I hope she'll say yes.

"Um... I can't actually... I'm hanging out with Dray." A frown comes on my face. I try to hide it, but, for some reason... it's difficult.
Hey
"I'm sorry Theo. Let's hangout another time. We could... watch a movie sometime, we haven't hung out in a while, alone I mean. I miss it." She says. The smile gets back on my face. She looks at me with big eyes, I love when she does that.

"Sure, another time."

* * * *
Alice's pov

It's the middle of the night. I try and sneak out of the Slytherin common room without anyone noticing. I was just with Dray and it was perfect.

I open the door out of the Slytherin common room but I hear a voice from behind me.

"Princess, get back here." Theo calls me.

I turn around. "What are you doing still awake?" I ask.

"I should be asking you the same question." He replies.

A smirk curls up my face. "You waited up for me." I state.

"No, I had homework to do." He argues, but he is a terrible liar.