That girl is already going with Draco Malfoy

Theo's pov

"Hey princess." I kiss he forehead.

"Hey, Theo." She smiles, looking up at me.

"I wanted to ask you something." I state.

I breathe deeply, getting ready.

"Ask anything." She replies.

"I take one last deep breath. "I wanted to ask... if you, maybe, wanted to maybe... go to the Yule ball, with me?" My eyes are full of hope. I want her to say yes.

Her smile drops, and her shiny eyes shut down.

"I'm sorry, Theo... someone already asked me out... and I said yes."

My face drops as my heart shutters.

I quickly to put on a fake grin.

"Who?" I ask.

"Draco." I feel tears coming to my eyes, but I pull them back. This hurts so much can physically feel my chest burning, my stomach curling upon itself, and my painful teary eyes. But I look down and quickly put a smile on.

"That's good for you." I nod my head, but it hurts so much I can barley breathe.

"You should find a date Theo. It'll be better then just going with me, trust me. Besides, you should ask out the most beautiful girl in the school. You deserve the kindest, prettiest, smartest girl. You deserve the best." She rants.

The only thing I manage to do after she speaks is chuckle.

"What?" She snickers.

"Impossible to do, princess." I grin lightly.

"How so?" She asks.

"That girl is already going with Draco Malfoy." I peck her head.

She looks up at me with a smile. That smile that can melt you away. That smile that made me fall in love  with her.

"That's not true." She blushes.

"Yes it is." I argue.

"There are a lot of girls who are better then me." She shyly looks down.

I lift up her chin so she'll look at me.

"Not in my eyes." I shake my head.

"Then take the second best. How about Daphne? She's kind, and very pretty." She suggests.

I snicker. "Yeah, sure, I'll ask Daphne." She smiles at me and nods.

"Bye, princess." I curtsy her cheek, looking into her eyes.

"Bye Theo." She breathes, almost like a whisper.

As I walk away, fighting the tears, holding them back, as my stomach curls and as my chest burns, I wonder; how can someone have the power to shutter you to dust and make you feel so whole?

I get into my dorm, I slum the door shut.

I punch the wall so hard it imprints my fist to it, I have cuts and bruises on my knuckles.

"You asked Alice?" Mattheo questions.

"She's going with Malfoy." I sit down in my bed, frustratedly moving my fingers through my hair.

"Does it hurt?" Enzo asks with empathy in his eyes.

"Wether it hurts is kind of irrelevant." I reply.

"That's a pretty good life motto." Mattheo states.

"How come it's irrelevant?" Enzo asks.

"As long as she's doing good it's irrelevant." It hurts. It hurts a lot. But I'll keep it to myself so it doesn't hurt anyone else. So it doesn't hurt her.

"Oi, Malfoy!" I call the boy.

"Nott." He states.

"Listen, I heard you're going with Alice to the ball." I say. I need to give him a chat so he'll know, so he'll understand.

"Yes, I am." He shortly replies.

"Do you have any intension to date her?" I ask. I need to know, both because I need to have a conversation with him if so, and because I want to know, I need to know.

"What do you mean?" He throws a question back.

"Do you want to be her boyfriend?" I exaggeratedly ask.

"Um... yes, maybe. I don't know." He looks stunned.

"Malfoy, take care of her." I sigh. I wish he would have said no. I wish I could tell her that maybe the flirting wasn't friendly. But I can't. And I'm not gonna get angry, and I'm not gonna cry, Alice's happiness is more important then mine. And as long as she's happy, I'm okay.

"What?" He questions.

"Alice is the best, she is the most important person to me in the world, so if your the one she chooses, take that. If she gives you her heart, don't you break it, Malfoy, let your arms be a place she'll feel... good and safe in. On days where everything feels like it's falling apart, stay by her side and you'll make it. She's the best thing that you'll ever have, Malfoy. If she loves you, everything will be perfect. She the most amazing, smart, beautiful, caring person in the world. And she deserves the best so make sure you give her that." I breathe heavily. I feel like shit.
"Wow, that was quite a speech.