The spell

Fred, George and I are in the library. I opened up a bunch of books about hexes to try and find something that will do what we plan. But I can't find anything.

"Ahh..." Fred groans, "this is so boring."

"You aren't even doing anything, I'm doing the actual reading. You two are just sitting here." I don't look up from the book.

"Can we go?" George asks.

"No, this is your prank. If you don't want to be bored open a book and read."

"What should we start with?" They ask.

"Try potions and herbology books, maybe you'll find something."

They take some books and start reading, sighing and walking around occasionally.

After something like two hours Fred speaks up.
"Huh!" He yelps.

"Quiet!" People say all around us.

"Sorry, sorry. Look at this," he points at some herb in a herbology book, "it's a herb that can be used to spread charms. So if we want to spread a charm around, we can use that." He lifts his eyebrows.

"I bet Longbottom will know where to find that."George speaks. He's right, Neville is incredibly good at herbology.

"Yes, that's a good idea, but there is no charm that'll make something levitate without controlling it with your wand," I say and the both of them look at me weirdly. My eyes open wide, "no! No! I am not creating a spell for you." I say when I realize what they want. There aren't a lot of people who know me or my mother when she was alive could create spells, but there is an even smaller number of people who know the spells we know.

"You won't create an entirely new charm, you'll create a new version of Wingardiom Leviosa." Fred replays. I think for a few seconds, this could be really easy, a good practice for sure, even though I created only things much harder then that in my life. It could be fun I guess.

"Fine I'll do it," I sigh, "you find Neville and ask him about the herb." They nod and we all leave.

I go to the room of requirements, last year I found this room and ever since then I have been practicing pretty much everything here.

I start playing with the spell, just playing with the hand movement and pronunciation. I have an idea, we'll put the herb on some of the Slytherin's robes and what the spell will do is it will levitate them, once they try to help each other get down the spell will effect them as well. The spell will be catchable, kind of like a virus. It will last for a day, and it will be so funny.

After a few hours of creating and practicing I do something that I think will work perfectly. I walk out to see it's already night, I walk to the Gryffindor common room and see Neville sitting there with a book.

"What time is it?" I ask him.

He looks up at me and smiles. "Alice, perfect, I know where to find your herb, I'll get it for you."

"Good, thank you." I'm exited about this.

"Oh, and it's 23:34." Shit it's that late?

"Okay, I'm gonna go to sleep then, good night."

"Good night, Alice."