The sorting

Alice's pov

The twins and I walk into the great hall together, walking through the grand, large doors.

Hogwarts is beautiful, every single part of it, and the great hall is no exception. The four large tables, the candles hanging in the air, the clear ceiling, the laughter and smiles of everyone as they return.
We walk to the Gryffindor table and sit down next to Ron, Hermione and Harry.

"Welcome, welcome!" Dumbledore starts his boring speech like every year,"to another year at Hogwarts." I quickly drift away, just looking around when I get an idea in my head. I was sitting next to Harry, George next to me, and Fred next to him. I touch George's shoulder in the side that is closer to Fred. I know it's childish but I'm bored.

George looks at Fred now:"what is it?" He asks, whispering.

"What do you mean 'what is it?'?"

"You just touched my shoulder, what is it?"

"I didn't touch your shoulder"

"Yes you di-"

"Silence!" Dumbledore yells which makes me look down so he won't see me laughing.

"Potter!" I hear Draco's voice from behind us, I look back, what does he want from Harry now? "Is it true you fainted? I mean you actually fainted?" I look at Harry with a questioning face, I mean when did that fucking happen?

"Shove off Malfoy" Ron says as he puts a hand on Harry's shoulder, turning him back around.

"You passed out? You three are no good when I'm not around huh?" I try to put my attention back to the speech as I hear;"play host to the dementors of Azkaban." I hear everyone around me whispering.
"Until such a time Sirius Black is captured." I look down at my lap as my breath starts to get uneven. This isn't fucking fair, Sirius didn't do anything, he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.
"There is one more thing before we start the feast!"

"Oh what is it now?" Ron rolls his eyes.

"We have been rewarded with the pleasure of getting two new students that will join their third year and one new student to join his fourth!"
Everyone starts whispers then again and I look up from my lap, scoffing.

Dumbledore claps his hands and the doors open and in walk the three boys, all confident.

"You think they'll be Gryffindor?" Seamus who was sitting close to us asks.

"Pft. I wouldn't count on it." I answer.

"Why not?" Fred then asks me.

"These three," I look over to the boys with only my eyes,"they are Slytherins." I look back at Fred.

"Why are you so sure they are Slytherins?" Hermione questions.

"Because, Mione," I sigh,"sadly I know them. I mean Enzo is nice for all I know but the two brothers, I wouldn't recommend on getting to know them."

"Students!" Dumbledore continues, "let me introduce you to Lorenzo Berkshire, and, Tom and Mattheo Murphy."
Murphy? I mean I get why they wouldn't use their real name, everyone would be terrified. But knowing them, they would want everyone scared of them.
I look at each one of them. Mattheo catches me looking at him, he stares back at me, smirking. Merlin, I hate that smirk.

Lorenzo sits on the chair first.
"Ambitious, smart, cunning, and brave. What's your name boy?" The sorting hat asks.

"Lorenzo Berkshire."

"Berkshire huh? Better be... SLYTHERIN!" The sorting hat yells and the whole Slytherin table stands up, clapping, smiling and yelling.

"One out of three" I tell the people around me.

Mattheo now sits on the chair, once the sorting hat is fully on his head the hat yells:"SLYTHERIN!" The Slytherins start to clap again.

"Two out of three, better be careful." I remark.

Now it was time for Tom to get sorted. He confidently grins as he sits on the chair, already knowing what house he is going to be in.
The sorting hat touches the tip of his hair and yells "Slytherin!" Once again. The Slytherin house cheers once again, louder then ever.

"Slytherin once again!" Fred says.

"Alice won the round!" George adds.

"How did you know?" Dean asks.

"Told you guys, I know them."