The caretaker

Mattheo's pov

"How fastidious you've become, Wormtail. As I recall, you once called the nearest gutter pipe home. Could it be that the task of nursing me has become wearisome for you?" The small and weak image of who once was my all capable father speaks.

Who would of thought that Tom Marvolo Riddle would allow people to see him in such a state? Then again, he is never weak, not even when he is like this.

"Oh, no. No, no, my Lord Voldemort. I only meant... perhaps if we were to do it without the boy..." Pettigrew bends down to the chair father is sitting on.

Tom and I stand there, behind him.

If his plans will work, Tom and I will soon have our father back. Which, I'm not sure I want, but I'll have to deal with it.

"No! The boy is everything!" Pettigrew cowardly steps back as father yells, while Barty runs to him, "it cannot be done without him. And it will be done, exactly as I said."

Barty bends down to the chair, "I will not disappoint you, my lord." He replies.

"Good. First gather our old comrades. Send them a sign. You, my sons, tell the Berkshires, Notts and Malfoys."

Nagini slithers into the room and onto his chair, speaking as she does; "The caretaker is watching." She hisses.

Barty looks at the snake with sparkly eyes, it's unclear if he likes the snake or is afraid of her.

"Nagini tells me the old muggle caretaker... is standing just outside the door."

Barty quickly turns his head to the door while Pettigrew blocks the door with his large body.

"Step aside, Wormtail, so I can give our guest a proper greeting."

Pettigrew steps aside, an evil grin on his face.

The muggle lifts his hands in defeat as father yells "Avada Kedavra!" The spell lights the dark house with a green light and the man's body drops to the floor.