Chapter 54: Will you be my soulmate?

"Dinner reservation for Y/n?"

Sana and I just got to the restaurant at about 5:40, a bit earlier than expected. Jimin made me wear this ear bud so I could contact the others throughout this. But I doubt I'd ever use it. He said that they'll give us alone time until we make it to the step where we watch the sunset.

We took our seats and looked through the menu, and ordered what we wanted.

"This is a nice place for a date" Sana pointed out

"It's not the place that makes it special, it's the company" I winked at her which resulted in a chuckle at my corny statement.

"Shut up. Your flirts are getting so old"

I raised my hands up in the are.
"Hey, I never said I could flirt in the first place"

Our appetizers were served right about when my stomachs was grumbling. We each took a piece of food and munched down the first bites of our meal. We sparked more conversations, and the wait for the main dish didn't seem to take that long.

"Wow. This looks amazing" I exclaimed then licked my lips in excitement to put this food in my stomach.

"Geez! You act like a dog when it comes to food!" Sana teased. I ignored her mean statement and took a bite of my food.

Delicious.

Sana couldn't help but take a munch of her food as well. I raised my glass for a toast

"To us. To celebrate our love" I said. Sana clinked her glass with mine and we took a drink of our wine.

The dinner was romantic. We flirted, kissed, talked, basically the best date someone could ask for. What made it even better was at some point waiters came in and brought flowers to Sana. She loved them, it was her favourite kind. But I can't say that I expected that to happen. I just acted like I ordered them and took credit.

After the dinner was done. I got ready for step number whatever of the proposal. We stepped out of the restaurant. Sana began making her way towards the car but I stopped her by calling her name.

"Sana" I called, she turned her head around.

"How about we take a walk to the beach? Maybe watch the sunset?" Sana smiled and nodded. It seemed like she liked the idea.

I grabbed her hand and interlocked our fingers together. We walked through the tiny market that lead out to the beach, there were many stores around us, food vendors, etc. I took interest in watching them. Seeing people work, finding other people like us on dates, the sight of families spending time together, it made me feel happy.

As I looked around the area. I suddenly noticed a man crying in front of a picture of a beautiful young woman. He was outside of a frame store, and clearly, he lost someone dear to him. I stopped walking which made Sana glance up at me and look where I was looking.

"Oh no...I wonder what happened" Sana muttered, I wanted to help. Even if he was a stranger. Everyone struggles sometimes, and everyone needs someone to talk to about their struggles.

But before I could approach him, a few people who I assumed were his friends ran in and tried to lighten his mood by patting his back and joking around. I could see his tears slowly stop coming down and a smile started to form on his face. This also made my lips curve upwards as well. It just shows how just having people there for you could change the way you feel at the moment.

"Hmm" I hummed and we continued walking. I kept my little smirk of satisfaction as we walked.

"You were about to help weren't you?" Sana asked, I nodded. "Aish...you're too nice for this world"

When we made it to the beach. We walked along the sand. I felt my heart start to beat faster. I was trying to keep myself occupied a bit, trying to keep my mind off of this moment. But it was always lingering in the back of my head.

Jimin suddenly told me to sit where we were, and we did. We sat down with our knees tucked in. The fresh smell of the lake water was calming, and the sunset was beautiful with a mix of orange, red and yellow.

Yet it didn't help my anxiety.

Sana rested her head into my shoulder.
"It's beautiful here" Sana whispered, I nodded. This is it. This is when I talk about our lives together.

I took a sigh to try and stabilize my breathing before speaking.

"You know, my life...it was always filled with uncertainty"

Sana raised her head at my sudden deep words, I glanced at her then looked back at the sun.

"People always kept on dumping me. Saying that I was not the one. Or that they don't love me anymore"

I put my hand on my pocket and fiddled with the ring.

"I, was never the best with love. Bring a secret agent made me stray away from that. And when Jennie came in to my life, I lost her because of that job...so ever since..I never dated anyone again"

"But then I met you"

I looked back at Sana whose eyes sparkled because of the light of the sunset.

"The most craziest, weirdest, and creepiest woman I've ever met" I teased with a laugh. Sana pouted then punched my arm playfully.

I focused up and took another deep breath. Running through the memories of last year and trying to form my words.

"But...with this crazy woman. We've done so many things together. We've been through so much together"

"Sure you might've stalked me everywhere. And at the time I hated you. But after everything that happened last year"

"That thought of seeing you in danger really hurt my heart"

I smiled at her and held her hand.

"And thinking about it made me realize. That I don't want to regret doing something before it's too late"

I stood up from my seated position and brought Sana up with me. Sana's eyes widened.

"Sana. For the last year. You've made me the happiest man alive"

I started to get a good grip on the ring box.

"And...I've never been more certain in my 400 years of living...that I want to spend the rest of my life with you"

With my words, I got down on one knee and pulled out the ring. I opened the beautiful piece of jewelry and faced it towards her. Sana let a little shriek in surprise and covered her mouth with her hands.

"So my beautiful Sana....Will you be my soulmate?"