Chapter 5: Dream

"Y/N" An ominous voice called while my eyes slowly woke up from my slumber. I noticed I wasnt in my typical room with white ceilings, instead, I woke up to a sky, filled with rainbows and colours. I sat up straight and looked around. I was in the middle of a garden that paved a path straight to a castle. The pathway was coloured in redish bricks, with flowers and plants setting off to the side.

Confused, I stood up from the ground.

"Y/N" The voice said again. This time I heard it come from the castle. Usually this was the sign to run away. But for some reason I walked towards it. Upon nearing the entrance, I saw two angels holding bow and arrowes guarding the door each on one side. As I stepped onto the balcony they were standing on, they both stomped on the ground twice and the door magically opened. I walked in aimlessly and was instantly shot by a burst of music and a bunch of partying people. When I turned back to the door, it was gone. It was instead replaced by a wall.

Assuming that I couldn't go back that way, I walked and weaved through the crowds. I had no idea where I was going but I am hoping for the voice to appear again.

"Y/N" It said once more, this time, from right beside me. I jumped in surprise to see a man leaning on the wall, smoking a cigarette. Once I turned to him, he got up and walked towards me. He had a grey beard and short crew cut hair. He was around the same height as I, yet his presence seemed to be really strong.

"You're soulmate." He whispered, then walked around me, he put his hand onto my chest and lightly walked around me dragging his hand around my neck down to my right arm.I glanced at him confusingly as I dont normally get touched by older men muttering "soulmate" too often. But what I heard left me shocked.

"Youve met her" He whispered, into my ear, and suddenly I bursted wide awake into a familiar scene. My bedroom. I looked around and touched my face to see if I wasn't dreaming.

"I just had a dream from cupid!" I screamed loudly, and ran to get my notebook and jotted down the stuff that happened.

- Ive met my soulmate
- He touched me weirdly
- Cupid is a old guy

Thats all I had. None of them being great hints at all. But the first hint gave me a clue to who she might be.

Jennie.

I met her yesterday, and he said that I just met my soulmate. It has to be her. I got up from my bed, scrambling to get my phone and texted Jennie. I, hoping jer number is the same if not then I have to wait until she texts me which is something I dont want to do.

You
Good morning Jennie. I hope you slept well

I texted those few simple words just to get started. I dont want to take things to fast. Something I learned about woman, is that these text messages bring a wonder to their day.

Jennie
Good morning Y/N, I slept well, Wbu?

You
Me too.
I stared at the clock, and I got up to get ready for work.

You
Got to go to work, see you soon Jennie

I walked into class with a smile on my face. The kids looked at me weirdly as if they hadnt seen a smiling adult. Once I put my paper work down onto my desk. I turned my attention to the class.

"Alright Grade 2's. Im feeling good today so have yourself free time until lunch!" I announced which resulted in cheers of joy.

After school, I was approaching my car but was interrupted as I saw a hooded girl sitting on the hood of my vehicle. I smiled as I was positive it was who I thought it was.
I raised my hand for a wave.
"Hey Jen-" When I saw the face of the girl it was not the woman I was expecting to see. I stopped walking and slowly lowered my hand down. It was the woman from the strip club.

"Oh..uh what brings you here?" I awkwardly asked. She walked up to me, slowly removing her hoodie and majestically shaking her hair. She stood one meter away.

"I want you" She said, and I chuckled out of embarrassment.

"Haha, I want me too sometimes" But I noticed her face was serious so I focused up. "Thats not what you usually say to someone" I advised

She put out her phone that had her contacts list on it.
"Number" She asked, I hesitantly took it and put my phone number and my name in it and gave it back. Upon retrieving it, she stared at the info I put down and smirked.

"Y/N? Sexy name" She muttered, quiet enough that I could hear slightly. I blinked a few times in response, then she started walking away suddenly.

"W-wait!" I called and she stopped in her tracks and turned her head.

"What...are you doing? I dont even know you much" She gave me a closed mouth smile, and ignored my question and continued walking. I scrunched my face.

"Aish, this woman. Why the hell did I give her my number" I scolded myself. And wait. How the hell did she know where I worked!

A day later, I met up with Jennie for the first time and took her to the mall. I walked through the lobby with bags in my hand after we did some clothes shopping. Its been awhile since Jennies been to Korea, so shes taking advantage of the money I have a little to much. Jennie walked close to me, she didnt dare touch me without my permission. And thats something that I like about her. She respects peoples comfort zone. After passing by a restaurant. I glanced inside, and I caught a glimpse of someone whom I recognized. I stopped in my tracks, and backed up to confirm if it was him.

"What?" Jennie asked, looking confused. When I saw the man, I smiled and went back to Jennie.

"Come" I said, then brought her in line of vision with the man. He was talking to a girl while holding a glass of champagne in his hand.

Her eyes widened
"Jungkook? Hes still single!" She remarked raising her voice. I nodded and stared at the couple. "Whos he with?"

"Her name is Tzuyu. I set them up not too long ago. It seems like theyre getting along" As I said that, the couple got up and Jungkook grabbed her hand and dragged her until both went out view. They didn't pay yet, so who knows what they were going to do together. I chuckled at the sight. Now I get to tease him now.

"Damn, theyre gonna get into it" Jennie muttered "But damn that Tzuyu is god pretty!"

I nodded in agreement. Then we continued walking towards my car. I put the bags that I had into the backseats then went to the wheel. I waited for Jennie to put in her seatbelt before driving away towards her condo. The ride wasnt awkward at all if you might be wondering. It was actually quite amusing. She and I caught up on the last 30 years of our lives. Jennie apparently has been left homeless in the US after that incident. And made her way here from the help of a friend she made named Nayeon, who was also Korean. Together, they came here after being financially stable, and now they both live in the same apartment. I talked about my teaching job, in how a
i pursued to study and become a teacher. Nothing much happened since she left, and Im sort of glad  of it

Once we arrived at the place, I parked and got out of the car to help carry the bags. She insisted that she was fine carrying them on her own but I refused. I followed her until we were in front of her door where I set down the bags in front of her.

"Thanks for giving me a chance Y/N" She muttered quietly, I nodded slowly, I didnt know how to respond to that. So I just stood quietly, but Im glad she continued.

"Lets do it again sometime" I did a closed mouth smile and agreed. She picked up her bags.

"Bye Y/N"

Before she could turn to her door, I flicked her forehead lightly which resulted in a surprised look from Jennie.

"See you Jennie, sleep well alright?"

She nodded slowly, touching her forehead where I flicked her and entered her room. I forced down a chuckle at how cute she was. Once she left, I smiled to myself and walked joyfully back down the stairs. I remembered the things we did today, and the life we had  3 decades ago. All the fun memories, all the tough ones.

I'm getting the same feelings I had for her before. And I don't know if I should be but....

I think I might like her again.