Chapter 1: Story of my life

Every time I love someone, I keep hearing the same thing.

"Sorry Y/N, this isn't working out"

"I don't love you anymore"

"We're not meant to be"

And now, this day
"Let's...breakup

She said, straight to my face. We were a half a meter apart from each other. My eyes staring at the ground, unable to make eye contact with the women in front of me.

"Why?" I asked in such a raspy voice it sounds like I didn't drink in decades.

"I dont think you're the one. Im sorry." She replied, then she walked past me into the park while I stood at the same spot, staring at the place she just stood at. I was mad at the world, mad at myself. This happened so much times that I'm practically used to it. It's the 300 time I got dumped. And I'm not joking. Now, You may be asking why getting dumped happened so much times for me? Well, let me explain.

This world, the earth I live in. You have two main purposes, money and love. From the day people on this earth was born, we were meant to find love. As kids, life was just regular, parents taking care of you, making friends, going to school etc. When until you are a teenager, you learn what the world is about. You see, I was born in the year 1600, now its currently 2023, And I still look the same as I was when I was in my twenties. How is this? Well, when you reach the age of 25, when you're brain stops developing, we dont age. We live life forever until we do one thing. Find our soulmate. Cupid - our God, has given us each a soulmate, the question is when will we find them, who is it, what year will they be born? For all I know, I could be dating a fucking 1000 year old who looks 20x younger than she looks. Its possible. But, I mean, there's nothing wrong with that since I myself am 423 years old. Which is not a flex.

For me, as you can tell, havent found that person yet, and its been centuries since I started looking for her. You might think that I got frustrated, well I did. Eventually, when the people who can't find their love get frustrated, they start to join gangs with people who are also in the same situation as them, and out of jealousy, start to bully and do bad things to the people who have found their soulmate or are on dates. If you die, no one knows what happens to youre soulmate, I think they get a new one, and the dead person also gets a new one in heaven. But its still a mystery even to me.  You cant kill yourself either or you'll go to hell. If you kill others, it really depends on the situation. Lets say out of defence or to stop evil, then sure, go kill. But if you kill out of hatred, the angel judges will decide if your killing was justified.

I never joined any of these groups but sometimes I wish I lived in these other worlds where everything is just normal. Books come in from other worlds that we find across the universe. And thats how I know what life is like on other worlds. In most other worlds, you have a choice to love or not and You dont live forever. One of the books I read is called "My Hidden Truth", which is one of the ways I saw how people struggle on other worlds aswell. You might wonder how we can obtain these books, well technology is way more advanced here since scientist have unlimited amount of time to do research since Their romantic life could wait for them.

And finally, If you're lucky, cupid will grant you hints on your soulmate randomly by speaking to you in your dreams. But you have to be really lucky. And I have not been lucky.

Anyways

I walked back to my car, sighing once, my head hanging low as I avoided looking at the park. Couples were walking around, each one having a ring on their finger meaning that they were married and found their soulmate. I wished I was them, I envied them so much. Yet I don't have the hatred to join those gangs and bully lovers. Being one of the oldest people in the world, I've seen a lot, and joining those gangs won't do anything but bring you sadness.

As I grabbed the door handle to my car, I stared at my reflection on the window. I think that I'm a pretty good looking guy, yet why does Cupid hate me so much? What did I do? I sighed, then opened the car door, gripping onto the wheel and placing my feet in the correct position before driving away to my apartment.

Upon arrival, I put my key into the door, twisted it, and revealed my home oasis.

 Yup, I'm super rich, but I like to keep it a secret since I'm a humble guy

Yup, I'm super rich, but I like to keep it a secret since I'm a humble guy. Since I lived 400 years, of course I'm rich. I worked countless of jobs. And only one of them I regret ever of doing. Currently, I work as a primary school teacher, and It's a job that I've been working on for about 13 years.

I entered my villa, went straight to my closet, grabbed my extra set of pj's then went to my bathroom to take a shower. After my bath, I plunged down onto my bed and closed my eyes.

______________
Sorry for the abrupt ending. Hope your enjoying the new book.