"There's something you need to know Maxie," Goofy said lowering his voice. He heard the shuffling of the phone and Sylvia was on the line now. 

"How are you sweetie?" She asked. "Is everyone doing okay?"

"Yeah, we're all fine. It's been a weird change. What was dad talking about?" He asked, holding the phone closer to him. His heart was beginning to pound against his chest. 

"I found out who hit you that night," Sylvia said. "It was Bradley."

Max froze. 

"I haven't gone to the police yet. I found out through a friend of mine who works at the dealer where Bradley got the truck. I haven't gone to the police yet. I know you two have gotten somewhat close,"

Max didn't know what to say. Was this true? Had Bradley tried to kill him?

"Please don't," he found himself saying. "I have to talk to him."

"Honey, I want you to think about this," Sylvia said. 

"I will, but we have bigger problems to worry about than Bradley," Max responded, He hung up the phone before he could hear anymore. 

He turned his back and leaned against the cold glass wall. This wouldn't have shocked him at the beginning of the year, he knew Bradley hated him. But now? What was he going to do?

"Is everything okay?" Roxanne asked him when he got back inside. Thankfully Bradley was nowhere to be seen. 

"Yeah, something came up and I have to go," he said, giving her a kiss on the cheek. He didn't know what to do, so he didn't want to startle anyone. 

Roxanne grabbed her jacket and ran after him. 

"You're hiding something," she said, taking his hand. He welcomed her warmth. He turned and saw Bradley making his way up the sidewalk. He couldn't see him. Not right now. 

"Come on," he said, walking in the opposite direction. "I'll explain on the way,"

Max took the keys out of his pocket. He always carried them with him. He unlocked the door to his frat house and turned on the light. Everything had been where they had left it. Nothing out of place. Dust covered some of the surfaces but other than that, it was the same. 

How he missed this place. 

"You're starting to scare me," Roxanne said, stepping up behind him. 

"I don't want to be anywhere else right now," he said, making his way up the stairs. He needed to make sure everything was in order. He was not going to go back to the dorm. He was not going to run anymore. 

He opened every door, memories flashing out at him with every turn. PJ, laying on his bed snoring loudly, while Bobby made intricate sculptures out of cheese in his room. He remembered all the parties, the meetings and the late nights studying. He didn't want to admit it but he also remembered Jasmine. He could faintly make out her scent still. 

He opened the door to his room and felt his heart stop. This room held so many memories, good and bad. He could see Jasmine now, laughing drunkly as she threw herself on his bed, her face red. 

"I know you don't love me," she had said to him one night. "A woman can just tell,"

"I do love you," he replied, feeling guilty. He did love her, just not the way she deserved. 

But he knew she didn't love him either, not the way he wanted to be loved.  

He turned to look at Roxanne. There was no doubt in his mind that he loved her. She had always been the one, the one that he let go. He reached out to touch her cheek and leaned down to kiss her. 

Her lips were cold, but she kissed back. 

"I love you," he said

"What's all this about?" she asked. "You didn't bring us over here to tell me that."

"It's the only place I feel safe east, ironically," he said. He took in a deep breath. "Bradley was the one that hit me that night. He was the guy in the truck,"

Roxanne gasped. Her face had gone pale. "How do you know?"

"My parents told me," he said, making his way to his bed. There was some dust on his covers but he didn't care. He sat down, feeling the weight just drop on his shoulders. "Sylvia found out. They are on their way here, but I told them not to let the police know."

Roxanne sat next to him and put her arms around him. "I can't believe it. Are they sure?"

He nodded. "I don't know what to do, Roxanne,"

"We'll figure something out, we always do." she said softly.

Mona sat in the corner, afraid to make a sound. She had never been to one of these meetings before. The room was full of about fifteen people, all masked up. Some carried their weapons on them. She was the only one showing her face.

Lake stood at the center of the room, half his face painted green and black. He was smiling. 

"We have them right where we want them," he said loudly so everyone could hear. "After we clean up this mess, we'll move on to the south probably. I heard Florida is fun, and I'm tired of this weather."

The people around her cheered. She was surprised to see some females involved. This had to be a cult. She didn't want to be involved anymore. When she had met Lake, she hadn't known about his affiliation with the Ghouls. 

"Why can't we just kill them now?" a taller man asked, wearing a pink cat mask. 

There were mumbles of agreement throughout the group. Lake put a hand up to silence them. 

A taller man stepped up from behind him, his face visible to all. Mona gasped. 

"Because that's not fun." Tony said. "I want to make them all pay. Every single one. Especially Max... "

Hey everyone! So sorry for the HUGE wait. I had a baby last year during the summer, so I was focused on him and motherhood. It was a huge change for me, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. He's so precious, and his name is Anthony ! He's 6 months old now, and a little bit more independent, so I'm finding more time for myself. I plan to keep writing and working on my old projects. Thank you to everyone who's been supporting me throughout the years and checking up on me! You guys are amazing and the reason I keep coming back to this story. 

I'm active on IG at kawaiistudies18 so follow me there for updates and to interact with me! I am still writing, so sorry for the short chapter, but I just wanted to put something out there for the new year :)