Chapter 103

When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I do is check my phone.

10.23am.

Shit!

I quickly sit up and try to get out of bed however the dizziness hits hard and Summer alerts me before I can even get to my dresser to grab clean clothes. I groan in annoyance and get back into bed, frustrated that Jimmy has clearly woken up and gone downstairs without me. I lay back down and stare up at the ceiling angrily. I wanted to get up early and head straight to the hospital and Jimmy knew that. Why the hell didn't he wake me up?! Especially since he was up already! I check my messages and see a few updates from Sam.

S, 2.30am: Maya is doing well, I hope you're getting some rest. She's still stable and they're keeping her pain medication topped up for when she's awake.

S, 3.12am: Going to try and get some sleep now. All is okay here, will update in the morning.

S, 8.48am: I just woke up a little while ago, Maya is still doing okay though her heart rate was a bit low a few hours ago but it improved itself quickly.

I text him back, trying not to drop my phone on my face.

E: I'm so sorry, I just woke up. Going to get ready and head up to the hospital soon, I hope you're all doing okay

I put my phone down and slowly sit myself up, my dizziness subsiding. I feel exhausted still. When I got home last night, I barely made it into bed before falling asleep. I didn't even change into pyjamas, just came inside and got straight into bed after kicking my shoes off. Jimmy must've gotten into bed shortly after though I was asleep before he could even make it into the room since he was still awake enough to get changed. I slowly stand and since I'm feeling well enough to manage, I get changed into some clean clothes. I just grab the first thing I see which happens to be some random fresh underwear, black leggings and a baggy t-shirt. I grab a hairbrush and begin running it through my tangled hair as I make my way downstairs. Jimmy is in the kitchen cleaning up the dishes in the sink and I approach him angrily.

"Why didn't you wake me up?! I told you I wanted to get to the hospital first thing!" I half yell. He turns to face me.

"Calm down, Ev. You were exhausted, you needed to rest. She's still okay and the same as last night. We can go as soon as you've had something to eat," Jimmy speaks softly. I sigh, rubbing my eyes.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry. I just want to be there," I apologize, looking down. He walks over to me and wraps his arms around me.

"It's okay, I know you're worried. But you and baby needed some rest. You make yourself something to eat, I need to knock next door and ask if they can take our delivery. The crib is arriving today around lunchtime but we aren't going to be here to get it. I already called both your and my work this morning and they've told us to take the day off. Tomorrow we're both home anyway so we don't have to worry about any of that for now. I'll be back in a minute," Jimmy kisses me before making his way towards the front door.

"Thank you, I appreciate you. And I love you," I tell him.

"I love you too, Ev. So much," he calls out. As he leaves, I go and pour myself a bowl of cereal. I eat it as quickly as I can without choking and manage to finish it before Jimmy gets back.

"Next door to the right said they'll be in and can take it. Jesus, did you finish breakfast already?!" Jimmy exclaims. I nod, going to sort Summer out her breakfast. I fill her bowl and place it on the floor for her.

"Yeah, I told you I want to get to the hospital quickly," I remind him and he nods.

"Alright. I've made some sandwiches to bring up to the hospital for us and the boys. They're in that bag over there. Can you chuck some snack bits in it whilst I go and get my phone off charge?" I nod and check the cupboards, throwing in some crisps, snack bars, biscuits and mini chocolate bars along with a few bottles of Powerade from the fridge. I carry the bag over to the door where I begin putting my shoes on as Jimmy heads back downstairs with his phone and wallet in his hand.