Chapter 50

Once I'm finished, I prepare to jump down from the wall however somehow my knees buckle underneath me and within a second, I'm crumpled up on the floor. I hear Summer rush over to me as I lay there for a moment in shock.

"Ow, fuck..." I mutter before slowly sitting myself up a little. Summer is next to me, looking from my to the kitchen door. She wants to get help.

"I'm fine, baby. I'm okay," I say. The last thing I need is more fuss. Both my hands caught my fall and the palms are both scraped and grazed. The air makes them burn and tingle. My left arm seems to have scraped across the floor, re opening some of my wounds and tearing out a couple of stitches. My elbow skin is scraped off and bleeding and as I reach up to check my face, my cheek burns the second my fingertips make contact with it. I reach up to my forehead. The left side is throbbing in pain, I must've hit it. Thankfully that's not bleeding. I check over my legs and am relived to find that nothing feels broken. Just some gnarly scrapes on my knees. Summer is staring at me and I put on a smile for her, giving her a gentle stroke before slowly standing myself up. I brush the bits of gravel off of myself and head back to the wall to grab my box of cigs and the ashtray. With a heavy sigh, I walk back over to the kitchen door and swing it open, letting Summer and myself inside. I stare down at the door mat, rubbing my shoes on it before looking up and jumping in shock. Sam stands right in front of me, looking me up and down.

"What the hell happened?!" He exclaims in shock. I roll my eyes, still angry at him from earlier.

"Fuck off," I mutter before pushing past him and walking to my bedroom. I shut Summer out and lean against the door after locking it. I want to break down and cry. I don't know why, I just do. I take a moment to breathe before taking a look around my room. I missed this place, holy shit...

It's a relief to see the messy place in pretty much the same conditions I left it in, aside from a few things moved around. I instantly rush around to check all of my hiding places. Under the wardrobe, my scales remain where I left them. Thank fuck for that. Inside the bottom of my side of the mattress, my double edge blades remain. Inside my spare suitcase under the bed, my alcohol and empty bottles are gone. I sigh, frustrated but unable to do anything about it. I move over to my bedside draw and search for my purple socks. They are still wrapped together the way I left them and when I reach inside, I can feel the blister pack strips from my secret pill stash. I check underneath the bottom draw and find my extra secret stash there too along with my spare box of cigs. I smile in relief knowing that my essentials hadn't been found. Just as I'm done checking everywhere, someone tries to open the door. When they realise it's locked, there's a knock.

"Who is it?" I ask, worried.

"It's me, Jimmy. Are you okay? What are you doing? Sam said you're hurt and bleeding!" He sounds worried, panic making his voice shake. Bleeding? I look down at my arms and notice my blood on my arms. Fuck, those wounds that got re opened must've been bleeding. I didn't even notice. They're still slowly flowing now, the red liquid trailing down to my elbow. When I check the wooden floor, I notice drips of blood everywhere and sigh in annoyance. Fuck.

"Oh, I'm fine. I just fell, don't worry!" I call back. Jimmy tries the door again.

"Ev, let me in." He calls out to me. I quickly look around to make sure everything is put away and once I'm satisfied it's safe, I walk over and slide the lock back over. The door bursts open and Jimmy instantly grabs me by my arms, carefully pushing me towards the door.

"Where are we going?!" I ask, stopping suddenly and causing him to bump into me.

"To the hospital. I knew those definitely needed stitches when I saw them..." He begins to go on a rant however I'm frozen in place. I instantly shake my head violently.