Chapter 63

.

"So, the mental health diagnosis! As you're aware, you were diagnosed with C-PTSD, Depression, Anxiety and Anorexia with a purging subtype. We're going to be making a slight change to that. We've looked into it and feel that instead of C-PTSD, a BPD diagnosis would be more accurate. That's borderline personality disorder. We'll be changing that. We also think that you have both Anorexia and Bulimia separately. The Anorexia would be the restricting subtype. We did consider an EDNOS or OSFED diagnosis but we don't feel that would be the most accurate. How do you feel about those?" I think for a few minutes before replying.

"I guess that's okay. I don't know, it's just kinda different... But yeah, sure. That's okay," Aaron nods.

"We think your BPD stems from childhood trauma so the trauma is still there, just not as a post traumatic kind. We'll print you off some leaflets to explain more to you of course. Looking at your notes, we've identified what we would think the trauma was caused by. When we write all this up on your discharge notes, you'll be able to read through it all yourself. Aside from that, there's not much else going on! We're just going to finish setting up the CTO and arranging nursing. They'll come twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. The home treatment team will also come once a day to begin with. You'll also come up to the hospital's physical therapy outpatient unit once a day to begin with too whilst doing your usual physio practice at home, you'll be given the papers explaining what to do. The last thing is you'll have appointments with the eating disorders team once a week for weigh in and to review your intake for each week. How does that all sound?" Once Aaron is done, I speak.

"Yeah, that's all okay. I just can't wait to finally go home, I'm so sick of this place. I'll do all the stuff they need me to as long as I can just go home. I'm all okay with that," I put on a small smile and the team all nod.

"Well, that's all for now Everleigh! We'll come and see you the morning of your discharge just to clarify everything, review and make sure you're good to go and give you everything you'll need! We're off to speak to your next of kin and the nurses to clarify everything now. We'll see you in 3 days!" I thank them as they all leave before laying back and relaxing again. I forgot to tell them the boys were out but oh well, I'm sure they'll figure it out. Once they're gone I just scroll through social media for a while until my feed finishes. Marie comes in to unhook me and we chat as she does it.

"I'm really glad to hear you're going home soon! I bet you're so excited and I know you've struggled with your time here but I am so proud of you. I hope you can find your motivations and keep recovering out there. I am so proud of you!" I smile happily back at her. Probably the first time I've genuinely felt happy in a while.

"Thank you, I'm so excited! I just want to get out of here. It'll be hard. I'm already craving all the things I shouldn't but I know I can do this. I think I can anyway. I just can't wait to sleep in my own bed again with Jimmy. I've missed home," My mouth waters at the thought of the alcohol I could drink at home. But no, I don't do that anymore. I can't.

"You're going to be okay, Everleigh. You're a strong person and you're going to do well at home. Although being on 1 to 1 will be difficult, it might help you ease back into the routine of home life and keep you from the bad things too. I bet your family will be so excited to hear the news when they get back!" I nod with a small smile as she sits in the chair beside me.

"Yep, they'll be so happy! I just hope I won't have to be sent back to hospital anymore. I want to keep safe, I really do. It's just hard," Marie nods.

"Well, I'm pretty sure the doctor wanted to have a chat with you anyway. I know he wanted to remove everything off your arms and put them both into bandages and discuss the splints. I'll go get him now before your family get back so you get to have more time with them before they go. I'll be back later, take care!" Marie gets up, patting my leg before she walks out.