Chapter 93

"Jimmy! Are you ready?" I call out, quickly pulling on my socks. It's been three weeks since my acceptance email for the piercing studio and today is my first official day as an apprentice.

"Yep, I'm downstairs!" He calls back. I quickly make my way down the stairs and slide on my black knee high converse. I've made an effort since it's my first day and am wearing a black long lacy sleeved skintight dress with black fishnets, makeup on my face for the first time in weeks. My bump is slightly bigger now I'm at 15 weeks and though it can still just be mistaken as a natural stomach at first glance, when you're looking you can definitely see that it's a bump. My morning sickness has just began to subside in perfect timing for my first day. I can NOT deal with that whilst piercing, that's for sure.

Luckily the shop is already aware of my pregnancy and are happy with me managing it whilst being an apprentice.  They've also already given me a solid plan. My first week will just be observing piercings being done with staff explaining the steps and managing the shop upkeep. The rest of my first month will entail pretty much the same though I'll get to help prepare the setups for piercings later on and the next couple of months will be practicing piercing on fake skin along with customer service. After that, they'll assess how I'm doing and decide if I'm ready to move on to piercing people or if I need to train some more.

"Right, let's go!" I tell Jimmy. I call Summer over who is already vested and ready. Luckily the shop were perfectly understanding about her and her job too, even saying that they would make sure all staff are aware not to distract or interrupt her. They even promised they'd do everything they could to accommodate my disabilities and have a spare old piercing bed in the back I can use if I need to sit or lay down.

Jimmy starts the car and we head into town.

"How are you feeling about your first day?" He asks, keeping his eyes fixed on the road.

"A little nervous but mostly excited. It'll be cool to get to know everyone," he nods.

"I bet it'll be great. I'll be the first in the shop when you're allowed to start piercing people!" He promises. I smile.

"Thank you," I gently rub his shoulder.

"And how's our baby girl today?" He reaches his hand over to gently rub my stomach for a moment, taking it away again when he has to change gears.

"She's good, finally making me less sick which I'm thankful for." He nods.

"Just in time for today. You still want to meet up at lunch?" I nod.

"Yeah, we can grab a Starbucks or something," I suggest. He's on board with that. We spend the rest of the drive listening to the radio. When we get into town, I give him a kiss before we walk off in opposite directions. It's only a few minutes until I arrive at the shop where the manager is waiting to let me in.

"Morning! How was your journey here?" He asks, holding the door open for me and Summer. Once we get in, he locks it again.

"It was okay thanks," he smiles, leading me over to the staff room where the other two piercers are making coffee.

"Make yourself at home, you've got the kettle over there with tea, normal coffee, decaf and we have squash and filtered water in the fridge. We've got the communal snacks in both the fridge and cupboards in labelled drawers and the rest is staff's own bits. If you have anything of your own you've brought, feel free to put that wherever. This is Lola, she's our early bird and normally opens up here in the mornings and here's Tix. They're our newest APP approved piercer and usually they will take on the more complex piercing requests if they come in. Poppy is our checkout gal though she's running a bit late today so Lola is taking over until she's here. And you know my name, Maxwell, we spoke on the phone. Everyone say hi to Everleigh, our new apprentice!" Everyone looks up as we walk into the room. Tix gives me a wave as they go and sit down at the table with their coffee, their bright orange mullet bouncing as they walk. Lola comes over and shakes my hand with a grin. She has huge silver heart shaped ear weights hanging from stretched ears.