Chapter 98

When I wake up the next morning, Jimmy isn't in bed. I figure he's already dressed and downstairs, ready for the day, so I slowly begin to wake myself up and change into some daytime clothes. I choose some grey ripped maternity jeans and a band t-shirt. I head downstairs and see Jimmy sat in the living room, watching TV.

"Morning Ev! How did you sleep?" He asks with a smile, patting the sofa beside him. I sit down and cuddle up.

"I slept okay, one of the first nights in while I have to be honest. How did you sleep?" I ask him.

"I slept alright though I woke up early so I've already fed Summer and had breakfast. Are we still going into town to do some baby shopping today?" I nod.

"Yeah, that sounds good. I'll have some breakfast and then we can go," I confirm. He nods and I stand up, kissing him before heading into the kitchen and putting some bread into the toaster. I take the peanut butter out of the cupboard and wait as my bread toasts. Once it's done, I spread on a decent layer of peanut butter and sit down at the table. Summer sits beside me as I eat, resting her head softly on my lap. Just as I finish, Jimmy walks in with his shoes on and keys in his hand.

"Ready?" He asks and I nod, quickly putting the last bite into my mouth and dropping my plate into the sink. I go and slide my shoes on then slip Summer's vest on her and we head out to the car. The drive into town is quick which is surprising for a weekend. Once we've parked up and got out, Jimmy asks where we should go first.

"I was thinking Primark maybe? They've got a good Disney range out at the minute which we can take a look at?" He nods excitedly.

"That sounds perfect, let's go," When we get to Primark, it's busy. I sigh in frustration. This is not going to be fun. We head in and make our way straight over to the baby section. I make a beeline towards the large Disney sign on the wall and instantly aww over the tiny outfits.

"Oh Jimmy, look! There's so many cute babygrows!" I exclaim, carefully picking up a The Nightmare Before Christmas black pinstripe babygrow with a little hood on it that shows Jack's face.

"Oh I love that! Look at this one!" Jimmy holds up a lilo and stitch vest set with a few different colours and styles. The front one is bright blue with Stitch's face on it. We both put our options into the basket.

"We need to get some of these mittens," I insist, showing him a small pack of anti scratch Pooh Bear mittens. Jimmy nods.

It takes us half an hour to finish choosing what we want to get. We head downstairs to the women's section with a basket full of baby clothes. The nightmare before Christmas babygrow, a nightmare before Christmas Sally dress, the pooh mittens, lilo and dress vest set and a Bambi and thumper clothing set with a babygrow, vest, hat and bib. We also chose a Bambi sleeping grow and a Dumbo set from the Disney section. In the normal section we got her a set of rainbow bibs, some teddybear baby grows and clothes, some plain black baby socks, assorted striped hats and another set of mittens.

"I definitely need some more maternity clothes," I say to Jimmy as we begin browsing the women's section. He nods.

"Yeah, you've only got a couple of jeans, you should definitely get some more bits." I nod, picking up a couple more of the black maternity jeans like I have at home. I also grab myself a few pairs of leggings and a nice long black summer dress also in the maternity section. Once I've gotten some more underwear and a nursing bra in preparation for when the baby is here, we make our way over to the men's section only stopping so I can grab some new slippers. Jimmy goes off to pick himself some new clothes whilst I have a look at the t-shirts they have and grab myself a few oversized ones which will fit over my bump. I walk over to the pet section, not far from Jimmy, and grab Summer some new toys from there along with a new set of nightmare before Christmas themed bowls. When I head back over to Jimmy, he has a few new outfits worth of clothes in his arms that he dumps into the basket.