Chapter 46

.

"Ev?" I stare straight at that familiar face as the voice I don't know if I love or hate right now fills my ears.

Fucking hell.

"Everleigh I-" All of a sudden, I'm filled with pure rage. I stare down at the ground and speak slowly.

"Fuck off, Jimmy. Don't even talk. Just shut the fuck up," I can feel my whole body begin to shake and I know I have to walk away before I end up hurting somebody. I turn on my heel and storm back into my room. Once I'm in, I unclip Summer's leash from my belt with violently shaking hands. It takes me a moment however I finally manage to get it off. I drop it to the ground before rushing into my bathroom and slamming the door. I slide the lock across and begin to pace angrily. I don't know what to do, I don't know how to react and I don't know how to breathe. I feel like I'm suffocating as I gasp for air even though I know I can breathe. I slam my fist into my forehead with force and the pain shocks me back to reality. My breathing calms and I'm no longer suffocating. I lean my head against the wall, my hands either side of me and sigh. I want to cry, I want to sob and scream and break down but I have no tears inside of me. Instead I whack my forehead into the hard tile wall. The pain is sharp and my brain throbs however in a way it kind of comforts me...

Thump.

My head is a little clearer.

Thump, thump.

The thoughts are slowing down. I hear a bark from outside.

Thump, thump, thump.

I'm calmer.

There's more barking but I'm not focussed on that, I'm too busy with this to care.

"Everleigh? It's Marie. What are you doing? Can you let me in, please?!" She sounds worried. I can't let her in. I need to clear my head just a little bit more. I need to feel.

"No, leave me alone..." I mutter. She sighs.

Thump, Thump, Thump, Thump.

"Everleigh you need to stop that. Come on, this isn't going to help," she tries to call out to me through the door.

"It does help, you don't understand Marie. Let me be," I say, my voice shaking as I continue to bang my forehead.

Thump, Thump, Thump, Thump, Thump.

The pain has stopped, the banging is making it numb. I need to feel, I need pain. I need to do it harder.

THUMP, THUMP, THUMP.

"Everleigh I need you to stop now, come on talk to me," My eyes water a little. The pain is back. I'm dizzy. I slide down to the floor and begin to headbang from there.

"Fuck off!" I cry out. The anger bubbles back up and fuels me.

THUMP, THUMP, THUMP, THUMP.

I hear Marie sigh from outside before her footsteps fade away and she leaves. I sigh in relief. I can continue.

THUMP, THUMP THUMP THUMP.

Paws scratch on the door and my dog whines. I ignore her and she barks again. Tears fill my eyes and I can feel the blood on my forehead. I'm a bad person.

THUMP, THUMP, THUMP, THUMP.

Suddenly there's a new noise. Multiple footsteps and whispering voices approach and suddenly there's a key sliding into the outside lock.

"No..." I groan, beginning to headbang faster. I can't be touched, they can't touch me...

THUMP, THUMP, THUM-