Chapter 68

.

Once we've all finished shopping, we meet at Starbucks to get a snack. The boys all get a drink and a cake and I set my fortasip and my 'Go Ahead' cereal bar down onto the table. Not the nicest snack and nothing exciting at all compared to the array of cakes behind the Starbucks counter but it's something I guess. I begin to nibble and drink, trying my hardest to keep distracted.

"So, what did you guys get?" I ask Sam and Jack.

"We've got a new lamp for the living room table and a new rug we've put into the car. Other than that, just a few dresses, trousers, shorts and t-shirts for Maya. Oh, and some sliders. She's wanted those for a while too. How about you two?" Sam responds.

"Well, Ev got two new piercings you can probably see of course. I got two tattooing books, a sci-fi book, some shorts and a few t-shirts," Jimmy holds up his bags for a second as he speaks. I finish setting down Summer's water bowl before showing them my new piercings.

"Oh awesome! Looks great,"

"I also got the fourth heartstopper, a few art books, some new t-shirts, two pairs of jeans, a belt, hair dye and some skincare and shaving stuff because my legs are hairy as hell right now," I laugh at the end and then take the last bite of my cereal bar.

"Lovely! Well we'll finish this and then head home if you're all done? Maya should be calling us soon, she should be nearly in Paris by now!" Jack states.

"Yep sounds good to me. I need a shower and to tidy the room a bit. Then I'll do my hair and bath Summer and then it'll be time to get ready for tonight!" I say before finishing the last of my fortasip and taking my rubbish to the bin. The mention of our date tonight makes my stomach twirl and I nearly throw up my fortasip at the thought of it but I keep my cool, taking the breaks off of my wheelchair as everyone stands up, heading back to the car for our journey home.

Once we get in, I dump my bags onto my bed and grab my shower stuff, taking out an old worn set of clothes from the draw to dye my hair in. An old grey t-shirt with a bleach stain on the side and hair dye stains around the collar and a pair of leggings with a few holes in the legs. That'll do. I grab my toiletries, take Summer's vest off and we head to the upstairs bathroom together. I lock the door and get undressed as the shower water begins to warm up. Summer settles down to nap on the clothes as I finish setting out my cleaning products and hop into the shower. As I wash I look down at my body. I've gained weight, that's for sure. I've got weigh in again tomorrow and I'm dreading it. I know it'll be a big increase, I can already see the change. I can see my thighs are much bigger, my arms carry some fat in them now and my stomach is bloated, sticking out like a beach ball. Even my boobs are growing back in. It's only been a week but it's already happening and I'm terrified. I try to take my mind away from my body image and begin to shave. I want to feel smooth for tonight. Maybe we'll even end up having sex. It'll be the first time in a while, that's for sure. I'd like that. I've just not been well enough for so long, my mood has been so... Crazy! It's just not happened. But maybe tonight. I don't know.

I finish shaving, have a final wash of my body and hop out of the shower. I didn't need to clean my hair, I did that yesterday. Besides, the dye will stick better on slightly greasy hair.

Once I'm dry and dressed, I pack all of my shower stuff away and head downstairs, throwing my dirty laundry into the laundry basket and then walking into the kitchen. It's lunchtime so I set up my meal. A chicken and lettuce sandwich with two mini scotch egg bites and a glass of apple juice. I eat fairly quickly today, my mind too busy with other thoughts about what I need to do to get ready instead of the the calories and fat contents of my lunch I'd either way have no choice but to eat. Once I'm done I dump my dishes into the sink and rush back into my room, Summer trailing behind me.