Chapter 58

.

When we get back to my room, I'm prepared to wait for my tests and scans to be ordered and think about what's happened a bit however as soon as we enter the ward, Jimmy is talking to a Ward Matron. He looks worried and when we get back to my room, I see why. There's blood on the floor from where I must've ripped my IV out and the needle dangles from the drip. The wires to all of the machines I was hooked up to are scattered across the old bed and floor. Some of the screens are still beeping and my phone lays on the floor. The tray of NG things are still in there and I stare at them in terror. My heart begins to pound however when Marie sees me looking, she asks one of the staff to take it away along with the bed before moving me back into that space in my new bed still.

"We can re-visit that situation after we've make sure you're okay. How are you feeling?" She asks me. I reply in a shaky voice.

"I... I'm dizzy. And my head hurts," I begin. She nods.

"You do have a cut on your forehead that is bleeding. I'll patch that up for you, someone has already gone to get the things I need for that. It's nothing too bad, some steri strips and some gauze should cover that," I nod.

"My chest still hurts a bit but not as bad as when I fell. My ankle aches too but it's not the worst pain. But... I think my arms might be bleeding. They hurt and I can feel liquid inside my cast... It hurts a lot. My left hurts more than my right though. But, I want Jimmy..." Marie looks worried.

"Your arms? That's not good. I need to talk to the doctor about that to see what we should do with that situation. As of Jimmy, he's just being updated on everything. As soon as he is back here, I'll go and speak to the doctor to see what to do next. Are you okay with another nurse cleaning your head?" She asks me. I agree reluctantly.

"I promise I'll be back by the time we go for your scans, okay? Promise?" I trust her and nod, thankful.

"Everleigh?! Oh my god there you are!" Jimmy rushes to me in a panic. I look up at him with tears in my eyes as Marie leaves us alone.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry I couldn't do it Jimmy I hate the tube I can't," I whisper to him. He leans in towards me.

"Hey, Ev. It's okay. It's not going to be easy. Right now, let's wait for these tests to see if you're okay. Alright? But listen, you need to try your best to work with them. You CAN do this. You can. Okay?" I don't know what to say so I just stare down into my lap at my fingers. They peek out of the cast however as I'm looking down at them, I notice that the opening of my left cast is beginning to leak red.

"Shit..." I whisper. Jimmy looks up at me, confused. I shake my head.

"It's nothing. Where's Summer?" I ask him as a distraction from the situation.

"Sam met me downstairs and took her home to get you and her some stuff for staying here. They'll be back later," He explains. I nod once, staring over at the wall. I'm so tired. The pain is extreme and now I'm off the IV, it's only getting worse. I feel awful and all I want is to be unconscious for a while.

"Everleigh, I'm here. I'm going to be right here. When they insert that NG, when you're having scans and tests, whatever they do I'm going to be here and I'm going to make sure that I'm right beside you. I'm sorry I wasn't there earlier but I promise you I'll be here now. I love you so much, to infinity. You're my Whatsername and I'm not leaving for shit, okay?" At that moment, his words are the pain medication I need. For a minute, everything hurts a little less and I'm with the person I need the most. I turn to him with watering eyes and he returns my gaze. I allow him to take my hand and move my fingers slightly so I can hold his.

"It'll be okay, right?" I ask him worriedly and he nods.

"It will, I promise it will be okay," I stare at the man I love the most in the world and I feel safe.